Part 16.

After about a month of preparations, the home was well equipped with barricades and a nice outpost for the incoming fight, it was small but it was enough to protect the blooming family inside. The place had changed however, Kyle had gotten so knowledgeable in his magic studies he was now no longer a beginner, more of an adept witch with reliable spells he doesn't fail much anymore.

Zayne and him had enjoyed a month together as a proper couple, they cant really go on a date but Zayne had asked his mother to help him make a meal for him the other day, it would've been hopeless without her help, and the two enjoyed a small candle lit dinner under the stars just outside the porch. Kyle was flattened with gratitude, the love for him was intense, the two had been experimenting over the month as well, pushing each others limits in how much they can take in terms of teasing.

Just this morning, they were making out in bed after waking up, and Zayne had begun to pepper kisses lower and lower and lower all the way to his belly button, Kyle was a bushing mess and promptly he:

"Stop!"

Zayne immediately lifts his face and hands, looking up with the glow in his eyes had slowly begin to fade away, his teeth slowly descending back to normal as he smiles at him, it wasn't a teasing one, but just a warm and comforting gesture.

"Did I hurt you?"

"No...no it was really nice but...I just never got a chance to do anything like this before"

"It's ok, I'm the same...we can go as slow or as fast as you'd like, anything so you feel comfortable~" He said, lifting his face back to his lips in a slow and gentle kiss.

When they separate, a question popped in his head.

"Have you...ever done this before?"

"Not...exactly"

He quirks his eyebrow, for some reason, a small pit forms in Kyles stomach, it was hard to distinguish if it was discomfort or jealousy, but he hated it either way.

"What does that mean?"

"It means, I'm still pure if that's what you're getting at.." Zayne looked somehow hurt by that comment, it comes out a little less nicer than he had hoped. Looking down at Kyle who was slowly back peddling, realising how he came across.

"No...Zayne-"

"No, no it's fine"

He gets out of bed and started to strip his clothes, Kyle didnt close his eyes or look away, looking sadly at his naked back.

"I gonna go for a run" he slightly turns his face to eye him from behind.

"Wait, can we talk about this?" Kyle was feeling guilty, hoping he wont leave for the rest of the day.

"Later"

He then turns, leaving the room in wolf form and going for a run in the direction of Fordwich, Kyle assumed he wouldn't leave the sanctuary as his wolf, and he was right, he had simply walked to the pond located nearby, safe enough to not put himself in danger away from home.

Kyle flopped backwards on the bed, a frustrated look in his face as he pulls the duvet over his head with a deep sigh.

Meanwhile, while the rest of the family chilled in the living room, Cara was boarding the windows with sheet metal they had bought from town, Shaun was in front of the fireplace, the black book in his hands, staring at it with a thought in his mind.

"What's that you're reading Shaun?"

"Nothing good..." he places it to the side as he looks back into the book he had actually been reading, the black book had remained unread since he took it from the bookshelf in Grandpa's Cellar.