Chapter 30 - The Blood

Blood and Assault warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

'It's been a while since that demon left...'

     (Y/N) rested her head in her palm, wondering when Bodhi would come back. He said he would be. It's probably been a few hours since then...

     She was sitting on a desk with her legs crossed and huddled into herself to keep warm. The room was getting chilly and she didn't have her coat on her to keep her warm. It wasn't on her when she first came here. Not to mention she was all alone in this slowly darkening classroom that made her jump at every small sound. A rat that ran from one hole to another made the woman almost trip in fright.

    A part of her wanted Bodhi to come back. At least that would mean she wasn't alone. But the other part hoped he didn't due to how unnerving he looked. He was up there on the 'most creepy demons she has ever seen' list.

     The metal wall that covered the hole he had gone through earlier fell open with a loud clang that made (Y/N) scream. She lost her hold on the desk and fell over onto the chair next to it before hitting the cracked wooden floor underneath. She groaned from hitting her side again but grimaced when she heard familiar snickering.

     A hand grabbed her arm and lifted her up to her feet. She didn't have to look to see the spiked tail of the demon who helped her up.

"Damn, babe! Didn't mean to scare you that bad~."

     She looked over to Akai who tried to hold in his laughter. She yanked her arm out of Ki's hand and moved away from them both with an angered glare. Akai moved closer to her anyways and reached his hand up to stroke her chin. "I promise I won't do it again~."

"Asshole." (Y/N) slapped his hand away and proceeded to move away from them some more but Akai simply grabbed the belt loop on the back of her pants and pulled her back to him. "We need to talk first."

"We're about to bring you to Zankoku so you need to listen to what we tell you." Ki ordered. She watched him carefully, almost seeing the faint worry he had.

     Akai also lost his flirty mood and seemed more serious now.

"What...?" She muttered. Already feeling unsettled.

"We're trying to keep you alive so you better not taunt him again." Ki told her, looking her directly in the eyes with a stern tone to his voice. "He's already planning what he wants to do to you. Angering him will only make that worse. Just do what he says so you'll stay alive."

"Because you two want me alive?" She asked. "Should've thought about that before bringing me here."

      Akai rolled his eyes. "As if we had a choice! We disobey him and we're as good as dead!"

"You were SUPPOSED to be dead!" (Y/N) yelled. "That bomb should've killed you two but it didn't! And now I'm paying for it!"

     Akai grabbed her neck and pushed her into a wall. She choked back from his grip and dust flew off the wall from the impact. He wasn't gripping her throat harshly this time but to the point where she had to breathe in harder. When she squinted her eyes open all she could see were furious red ones glaring back at her. Ki had turned around and was clutching his claws into his coat while his tail was twitching.

"You bring up that bomb one more time and you're gonna wish you never had... Understand?" Akai's voice was so dark and malevolent that it made the woman whimper and meekly nod. She could feel his claws etching towards her skin but being held back from cutting into her.

     He pulled his hand away and hers went to her throat as she could still feel his grip against her skin.

     The blond demon had then grabbed her hands and pulled them towards him, yanking her with them. He reached into his pocket and pulled out another set of handcuffs before clamping them around her wrist. Locking her once again. When he let go and moved away, she turned her wrist and gazed sadly at her bindings.