Chapter 35 - The Switch

Blood and gore warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

"Let's go." Lamya moved her fingers which made (Y/N) be pulled into the blooding room arms first.

The woman stumbled as her boot hit a small pool of gooey blood on the floor that made a splash. Her breath hitched as she quickly moved her boot and had to continue walking. However, her eyes followed the trail connecting to the pool and towards a tub out of sight from the door. The tub was freshly filled with blood and heavy drops hit the dark liquid roughly as it turned to goo in the air. When (Y/N) regretfully traveled her eyes up she soon saw boots that belonged to the body of Marlin. The demon her team had captured at the boat warehouse.

(Y/N) could feel her stomach turn as she saw his limp body hanging off a rusty hook by his neck. He had no life in his eyes whatsoever while his body was gutted open leaving his organs and intestines to spill out.

He wasn't able to survive a bloodbath...

(Y/N) choked back a sob as she faced forward and saw that she was being led to the center of the room. Her hands were shaking and she began to stumble from how much her legs wanted to give out. We're they going to give her a bloodbath? She's not a demon, she can't heal as fast as them. She'll surely die just from being put on a hook.

The lackeys who entered with them stayed and guarded the door. Lamya walked ahead of (Y/N) and stood where the woman was stopped. Directly above a drain in the center of the room.

(Y/N) cringed in disgust at the amount of dried and sticky blood that caked the drain and stuck to the floor. The bottom of her boots was already black in color and deteriorating from the different effects of different demon blood.

Lamya placed a hand on (Y/N)'s head and shoved her down to her knees. She yelped and buckled to the floor, feeling the demon remove her hand.

"I brought the human, sir!" The demon called.

Suddenly a hidden wall pressed into itself and moved into the wall like a sliding door behind (Y/N). She jumped at the noise it made and turned her head to see Peach and the King enter the main room.

Peach skipped giddily while pushing a metal table on wheels towards where (Y/N) and Lamya were. She had a duffel bag hanging off her shoulders with something metallic clanging inside and she hummed along to a made up song she came up with.

As Zankoku entered as well, his sights landed on (Y/N) who fearfully looked at him and he chuckled. Almost excited to get started. "It's a good night for a bath. Don't you think, Reuban?"

Peach placed the table next to (Y/N) that made the woman whip around. The demon then turned around and looked towards the ceiling for a spare hook. When she spotted one she turned to Lamya and cheekily smiled at her. "Lammy? Can you be a dear and bring that hook over here~?"

Lamya rolled her eyes but obliged. She held her arm up and forced a hook connecting to the ceiling by a pully and move it closer to the group. (Y/N) watched the hook move like it was in slow motion. The harsh squeaking it made as the rusted steel rubbed against the rails like it was death traveling to her. She couldn't help the tear that fell from her eyes.

The hook arrived at the same time as the King. Once it stopped, (Y/N) felt a massive hand grip her arms and yank her into the air. She screamed and tried to kick away and wiggle out from his hold on her but Lamya waved her hand and forced (Y/N)'s body to stop moving. Pushing her legs together and keeping her torso straight.

(Y/N) waited for the hook to impale her and braced herself for it. But instead, she felt her body drop for a second to hang from the chain to the handcuffs around her wrists. When she opened her eyes and looked up, she felt relief wash over her. But she's still hanging. She couldn't even use her hands.