Chapter 34 - The Agreement

Blood and Gore Warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

    It was so hard to stay calm.

    (Y/N) followed behind Lamya and only had her eyes on the sharpened pole the demon was carrying. She saw her use those poles as some sort of projectile in Dog's memories. Like arrows being shot from a crossbow. And considering how the last meeting with Zankoku went (Y/N) could feel her body wanting her to desperately run away. To fight back against Lamya's hold on her arms and push past the two lackeys behind her and run to God knows where. But that'll only get her killed.

     One of the lackeys behind her kept trying to sniff her back while the other snickered at its attempts. (Y/N) jumped forward when she felt the demon's nose touch her spine and the snickering one bust out into a frenzy of laughter. They were acting like two children poking fun at a helpless animal.

    Lamya groaned and whipped her head around to them. "Do you two want to die?"

     Immediately they stopped and quickly shook their heads. "No!" "No ma'am!"

"Good. Now leave her alone."

     (Y/N) didn't know whether to thank her or keep her mouth shut. Deciding to do the latter. She didn't know this demon or what made her mad and (Y/N) didn't want to risk anything.

"What's your name, human?" Lamya asked, boredly.

"My-My name?" (Y/N) stuttered.

"Yes, your name. Are you deaf?"

     (Y/N) bit her lip and looked down, taking a second to respond. "It's (Y/N)..."

     Still facing ahead, Lamya raised an eyebrow. Was that her real name or just one Reuban came up with? He never had or used different names besides the one he went by. He for sure wasn't this timid either. Lamya has been observing the way the woman behaved and dealt with being locked up and beaten down and it was the complete opposite of the demon she once knew. He would've been found a way to escape the cell, put up a great fight, and grin at the faces of those who dared challenge him. Not flinch, cry, and avoid eyes. This was further making the demon believe this woman was just an average human who so happened to capture their leader's attention.

"How old are you, (Y/N)?" Reuban wasn't the best at faking. She's gonna try catching him off guard if it's really him.

    The way the demon dragged out her name, almost like she didn't believe her, made (Y/N) feel nervous. Did she think it was a lie? "I'm 28."

    "28." Lamya chuckled to herself. "You humans are so young. You'll grow old and weak and I'll still remain the same."

"Um... how old are you?"

     The lackeys behind the woman gulped when she asked this and waited for Lamya's reaction. Knowing she was a very proud kind of demon. However, Lamya grew a smirk and looked back at (Y/N). "341."

     The demon noticed a look grow on the woman's face that made her lose the smirk and narrow her eyes. (Y/N)'s eyes flashed yellow for just a split second but soon she grew a small smirk that didn't look like something the woman would have. It didn't fit her at all. She looked to the right as the smirk grew wider. "I'm not sure if you're aware but demons only live for 500 years and you're in the right age range where demons begin to age. By the time I'm 90, you'll look just as old as Bodhi. Maybe even older~."

     Lamya stopped walking. Even the two lackeys were now scared. (Y/N)'s tone was so snarky with hints of venom. She never talked like that before. Her eyes widened and a look of fear crossed her face. She immediately shut her mouth and looked up at Lamya who was seething in rage. She didn't mean to say that! Her mouth just kept going! That wasn't her!