𝟎𝟎𝟕 night school.

night school.

___

IT HAD BEEN DAYS since Paxton talked to anyone. Or so, her dissociative state made her believe. She had spent the last few days living outside of her body. She talked to her brother, to Allison, maybe even Lydia. But, she couldn't remember any of those conversations. It was as if she wasn't experiencing her own life.

She doesn't understand why it had been hard for her to be present in her own life. She was beginning to feel as though nothing with her father's death mattered anymore. Maybe it was time for her to move on with her life.

After the night she ate dinner with the Argent's and saved Derek's life, she chose to give up on getting the answers she wanted. Figuring it's better to leave it alone and go on with her life.

But, she knew she couldn't do that.

She had completely forgotten about any of her yearbook responsibilities. The photos she had taken at the game were supposed to be uploaded and submitted to the teacher today. Of course, she was only reminded of that by the time she was leaving school.

The teacher was adamant about getting these pictures from her. Especially since she's the only one who does the lacrosse games. She knew if she didn't get the pictures in before tomorrow, it would be the end of the world for her.

With everything going wrong in the other parts of her life, she needed this one thing to work out.

Lucky for her, she knew how to get into the school after hours. It was one of the few perks she had gotten over the last year and a half of being in clubs and extracurriculars.

She was able to get Charlie to drop her off in between his studying. He didn't trust her driving herself. She figured it was because he knew she had lied the night she drove to the school.

Really, it's because he knows she wasn't in the right head space to drive. He noticed how exhausted she had looked the last few days, how she only replied to him with small talk.

He told her to call him when she was almost done. Of course, she didn't think it would take long but she didn't argue with him leaving her alone.

It's dark in the school, nothing but the light on her phone to guide her through the empty hallways. She had been here enough when the lights were actually on to know her way around. The flashlight of her phone only comforts the feeling of being watched as she walks alone in the building.

She finds her way to the second floor quickly, not wanting to be here too long in case a teacher or the principal shows up. She opens the door to the room and finds the camera she had used at the game before going to the row of computers on the back wall. She waits patiently as the photos upload.

A bad feeling rises through her, the feeling of being watched followed her from the hall and into the room. She knew she had nothing to worry about, at least that's what she tells herself. A chill goes down her spine as her back faces the only door into the room. She spins around in her seat but there's nothing there. Only the blue light reflected from the moon.

A loud ding scares her, forcing her heart to beat out of her chest. It was just the pictures finishing. She pushes the hair out of her face as she turns back to the screen. She goes to the folder so she can start choosing the perfect pictures.

Starting with the first ones, she scrolls through the pictures she took of the players. The ones of her brother and his friends bring a smile to her face. As she goes further along, she notices an odd flare in a few of the pictures. Figuring it was probably just the lights on the field, she ignores it.