𝟎𝟐𝟓 hallucinogenics.

hallucinogenics.

___

LYDIA MARTIN IS KNOWN FOR MANY THINGS. Her sense of style, her outstanding grades, her careless attitude. Most of the Beacon Hills students recognize her by the parties she throws. Recently, however, she's known as the town's 'wack job'. A title placed upon her after she had been found naked on the side of the road some time after the winter formal.

Despite being the talk of town, she'll throw her infamous birthday party no matter what people may think of her. People talking doesn't scare Lydia, it fuels her.

"D'you get home safe last night?" Charlie asks from the driver's seat.

He and Paxton are on their way to the party that would start soon, presents for the birthday girl in the backseat. They hadn't talked much as Paxton had kept herself locked in her room for most of the day. She hadn't talked to anyone really.

She sighs as she reaches for the knob that turns on the air conditioning. "Yeah, I got home just fine," she responds bitterly.

She leans back in her seat, watching the empty road ahead of them. A road that would normally be full on both sides with parked cars and people running to get inside Lydia's mansion.

He parks the car outside of the large, brick home before turning to his sister. "Are you sure? Because you've been quiet all day, you didn't even eat anything, and you only left your room to use the bathroom, like, seven times."

She turns to him as her eyes roll. "So now you keep tabs on how many times I go to the bathroom?"

"Well," he shrugs. "Yeah, it's hard not to when the house is so quiet."

"You could've left."

"And go where?" he huffs. The two exit the car, not forgetting the gifts for Lydia as they head up the path to her front door. Using the gardens lights to guide them. "It's not like I can go hangout with Jackson anymore."

"You could go to a club."

Frustrated with her dry tone, he stops his walk toward the door. "Are you seriously doing this right now?"

"Would you rather me wait a few months until the subject doesn't matter anymore?" she replies harshly, perhaps projecting her own insecurities onto her brother. She hated how she's acting, loathed it even. But she couldn't stop the anger that broods inside of her, waiting to erupt. She had to be angry or she'd just be sad.

"Okay," he laughs shortly and without much humor. "I'm gonna ring the doorbell and you're gonna lose this sour ass attitude you've got going on. It's a party, it's supposed to be fun. So be fun."

She tilts her head as she looks up at him. "I am fun," she smiles a big, fake grin.

"See, that's the attitude you need!" he copies the false cheerfulness she has, even copies her smile before spinning towards the door.

He rings the doorbell and the door opens instantly. Lydia greets them with a tray of drinks in one hand, pulling Charlie into a hug with the other, then Paxton.

"Happy birthday, Lydia," she smiles, handing her over the present she had bought. "This is for you."

The present; a silver necklace with a diamond stud. Silver because Paxton remembers how specific Lydia is about her jewelry color. She wished to get Lydia something a bit more personal but she didn't have the money nor the resources. She didn't know Lydia as well as she'd like.

"Thank you," her eyes go wide as she looks at the pink wrapping paper. Grateful no matter what the present would be. "Hey, everyone's in the back, make yourself at home. Here, take a drink," she holds out the tray for Paxton to grab a cup, not allowing her to refuse.