𝟎𝟐𝟎 venomous.

venomous.

___

THERE'S NOT A FEELING COMPARABLE to how odd it is to be attacked by something believed to not exist and then return to a normal life the next day. To go from a near-death experience to eight hours of public education. One moment you're listening to a lecture and the next, you're getting flashbacks to nearly dying. Perhaps the idealistic 'normalcy' would never exist again, no matter how much the small group of friends in Beacon Hills would wish for it.

As Paxton wanders down a crowded hall, looking for her friends, she watches the people around her. Asking herself if maybe they've experienced something similar. The students around her gossip, laugh, text endlessly on their phone. She listens into their conversations as she passes by, smiling to herself. Finding it fascinating that people live without knowledge of the things she knows. Fascinated that she once led the same life.

"What's on your mind?"

A voice she hadn't heard in a while startles her from her thoughts, her smile fading quickly. Her hand flattens to her chest, making sure her heart is still beating after the shock.

"Isaac?" she spins around, her eyebrows knitting together. Her face softens as she meets his blue eyes.

His curls fall perfectly down his forehead as he looks down to her. Almost smiling, she contemplates hugging him. Though the choice is easy to make.

"Surprised?" he smirks as he sucks the inside of his cheek, putting his jawline on display.

She opens her mouth to speak but the words never find her. Thinking back to the last time she saw him, she finds it hard to say anything to a person capable of hurting Scott. She focuses on that night in hopes that it'll pull her away from how distracting he is.

"Uh," she shakes her head. "I have to go to class," her eyes dart to the floor before spinning around. She had so many questions but none worth the time.

She leaves him behind as she heads down the hall that leads to Scott and Stiles. Once she nears them, she tries to free her mind of the trouble that Isaac would bring now that he's back in school. She finds the two faces that are easiest to pick out of the spilling hallway. They leave their classroom, right on time for their scheduled time to meet up with her.

"Hey," she smiles, a mask to hide her quick yet frightening run in,

Scott waves at her, his hands resting on the straps of his brown backpack. "How're you this happy when there's a man-sized lizard attacking people?" Stiles ask her, fighting a rising smile that manages to break onto his face each time she's around.

"At least it's not a lizard-sized man," she argues, though her face quickly cringes. She couldn't do the whole 'optimistic' thing like Stiles could. The boys stare at her blankly, trying to imagine her words. "Right," she blinks, shaking her head to free her mind of the bizarre imagery. "How's the research going?"

They head down the hall, weaving between the crowd. "Well, we found one thing online about the Kanima. It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers," Stiles answers at her side.

She looks up to him with puzzled brows, "I'm sorry? What did you just say?"

"Uh, murderer?"

"No, I definitely heard that part," she rolls her eyes, smiling. "What the hell is a were-jaguar?"

He raises his eyebrows, his tongue clicking against the roof of his mouth. "Well," he starts, already full of sarcasm. "It's when a werewolf and a jaguar kiss and then-"