𝟎𝟐𝟒 raving.

trigger warning: sexual assault (unconsensual kiss, follows a plot line from the show)

raving.

___

FOR THE FIRST TIME, Paxton felt confident in the ability to stop the kanima. A weight lifted off her shoulders, she could finally feel secure. She could block out every overwhelming thought telling her that something bad is going to happen.

She tells herself she could feel confident because, for the first time, she and her friends had support from people other than themselves. A foolproof plan that's been thought out to its finest details.

Perhaps she overlooks her fright due to growing used to being constantly afraid. Either way, she woke up with a cheerful outlook on life with the help of the warming sun and teasing summer weather.

She and Charlie, on their usual schedule, pull into the school's parking lot with ten minutes to spare. They don't worry about being late for their first classes of the day, they had other plans to think about besides school. Charlie has to talk to Jackson about the rave, and Paxton has to find Stiles and Scott so they can walk to their lacrosse meeting together.

Charlie stays behind in the car to wait for Jackson as she hops out. Typically, she would linger in the comfort of his car but she couldn't wait to get the day started.

That is until she's met with the sight of Matt making his way to her. She almost wishes her brother would've stuck by her side.

"Hey," he smiles. "Are you excited? I-I mean, you're still wanting to go, right?"

She looks back to her car for a split second. Just long enough to see that her brother is too preoccupied to notice her discomfort. "Yeah— yeah, I'm excited," she says, rather unconvinced. "More excited than you know," she adds quietly.

"I'm glad to hear that, I can pick you up. What's your number? That way I can just, you know, text you when I'm on my way," he fidgets with his hands, shyly keeping his eyes away from her.

Her eyes flash wide for a moment, her brain trying to come up with a way to politely decline. Before she could speak, a car door slammed shut. Her head shoots in the direction of her savior, finding the familiar blue Jeep. Instantly, her nerves cool as her body flutters with warmth. Comfort finding its way to her.

Stiles throws his backpack over his shoulder, his nose flared slightly as his angered brows point to Matt. Scott meets his side at the hood of the Jeep, his expression much softer than Stiles'.

The two join her, Stiles at her side while Scott stands with Matt. Paxton lets out the breath she had unknowingly held as she looks up at Stiles with a thankful smile.

"Hey, do you know why no one's getting suspended after what happened in the library?" Matt brings the attention back to him now that the close friends had stolen his spotlight.

"Forget about it, nobody got hurt," Stiles says dryly as he shares his dull stare to Matt. Already impatient with him. Of course, seeing Matt talk to Paxton without him around wore his string of patience away faster than anything.

Paxton's breath hitches in her throat as she acknowledges Stiles' protectiveness. She diverts her eyes away from him, to the floor then to Scott, who greets her with a small smile. Wanting to laugh at how he had never seen that side of Stiles before. She couldn't find the humor, though she was just distracted.