𝟎𝟐𝟐 if they do it once, they'll do it again.

if they do it once, they'll do it again.

___

HOURS HAD PASSED since Stiles made the phone call to Jackson's parents. By the time they had made it to the other side of the preserve, school had let out. Which made it easier for Scott to find his friends without the trouble of skipping classes.

It took three hours for the Whittemore's to realize they had missed a call from their lost son. Another hour until they could leave their busy schedules to go to the police department and inform the sheriff of the call.

Of course, Noah Stilinski had been leading his officers on a search through a portion of the preserve. They could only search one perimeter of the endless woods without running out of time that the day has. The size of a small national park, the Beacon Hills Preserve seems infinite. Making it easy for things to lose its way inside the forest.

Even with the limited time, the sheriff had to cut his search shorter once he heard of Jackson's family having new information. The missing kid at the top of his priorities, he maps out the remaining miles of the woods that they hadn't probed yet for his officers before heading back to the station.

Lucky for the teenagers, the perimeter the police spends their hours on is nowhere near their vehicles. By the time Stiles drove Paxton and Allison to their cars, the sheriff had found out about the phone call.

The impeccable timing gave the teens a chance to move their vehicles without anyone seeing. By the time they arrived back at their new hiding spot, they could only hope for the luck to stay on their sides.

Sheriff Stilinski did what he thought best for the missing kid, he called in an emergency search party for Lookout Point. Located on the opposite side of the preserve that they had previously looked. The call for help brings the attention from Noah's higher-ups, alongside the power that comes with Jackson's last name. He faces scrutiny from both, leaving him under extreme pressure to find Jackson.

The sun sets by the time they start the search. It's also around the same time Scott joins his friends, tucked safely in another easily overlooked area of the forest. Close to the Hale house, far from main roads.

Stiles, Paxton, and Allison had been too worried to focus on Jackson. They had spent the time waiting on Scott by pacing around beside the van, figuring out every detail of what they need to do to fix their mistake.

Their numerous ideas were useless with Scott's approval. They couldn't decide on anything without him. Perhaps Derek had been right about Scott being the leader of his own pack.

Headlights brighten up the leaves that had been scattered due to their urgent pacing. Allison couldn't recognize the car. When she looks to Paxton for an answer of who had found them, she knew from her surprised expression who the person driving is.

Scott jumps out of the passenger seat, rushing to Allison. Hugging her tightly. Paxton watches her brother as he turns his car off, swallowing down her anxiety. She hated feeling surprised by his appearance, of course that doesn't make it seem less unreal.

"You're here," she mumbles, leaving Stiles' side to meet with Charlie.

"I'm here," he breathes, smiling faintly. He has no idea what he's getting into, putting him in a state of hope that's refreshing.