act 2 - who are you, really?

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈 : 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 3
junior year.

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈𝐈 : 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 3junior year

i'm sorry to do this to you on your birthday.

___

THE MARTIN MANSION IS dressed up in the prettiest of purples for tonight's occasion. Streamers in a light violet color dance around the hallway that leads into the living room, where a big banner hangs just above the sliding glass doors that open onto the patio. In bold purple lettering, 'Happy Birthday Paxton' is written with glittering stars decorating the empty space.

Lydia had been planning the event ever since she overheard Stiles talking about Paxton. He had mentioned her seventeenth birthday landing on the last Saturday of the summer, August, twenty-fifth.

Lydia set up a station by the front door where disposable cameras sit on a table for anyone to grab. Where one of the handful of guests could take a picture of the birthday girl once she enters the home where she'd be full of surprise.

Stiles, Scott, and Isaac didn't have the heart to tell Lydia that there wouldn't be much of a surprise, so they begged and pleaded with Paxton to put on a false display of shock once she enters the home.

Just like they begged Lydia to not invite half of the school. They just suddenly felt it would be too much for Paxton to handle, again, not mentioning how they learned that from Paxton when the surprise had been spoiled.

Lydia sets out the final batch of cupcakes she had ordered from a local bakery on a crystal dish crested with flowers around the rim. Stiles told her that Paxton loves red velvet flavored cakes, though he did argue that red velvet is simply red-colored chocolate. Lydia didn't care, much like Paxton, who didn't care much for his argument when he first asked what her favorite flavor is.

Sitting in the living room with Scott, Charlie rests on the couch telling him stories of the cases he had been looking into with Noah. All of the unsolved cases that had been closed while Noah had reigned as sheriff. His eyes lit up at the subject, finding a joy in sharing a position at the very place his father worked.

While they talked, or more so Charlie talked and Scott listened, Isaac had been following Lydia around. Ordered to help her perfect the display of drinks, food, and cupcakes. He had no idea what he was doing, simply listened to every demand Lydia had.