𝟎𝟏𝟕 savior complex.

savior complex.

___

TODAY MARKS THE FIRST DAY that Lydia Martin would go back to school after being attacked at the school dance, being hospitalized and then running away from said hospital. She had become somewhat of a pariah; the school's gossip fueled with talks of her.

The search party for her had been called off while Paxton had been with Isaac and Derek. She had stumbled into the road where Noah Stilinski had still been searching an ambulance for any insight on what had attacked the patient inside.

Charlie wouldn't let his sister go a minute without him stressing over her safety. Especially after she returned home last night soaking wet and lacking of a smile. How could she with the knowledge that Derek had turned her only friend that freed her from the supernatural.

In the parking lot of the school, Charlie hops out of the car with one more, "be careful," before going to find Jackson.

Paxton rolls her eyes with the thought, if only you knew. After a moment passes where she could sit in the silence, she leaves the car with her bag. She looks around the lot until she spots a familiar brunette.

She plasters on a smile as she finds Allison outside of Lydia's car. "Welcome back," she says while Lydia closes the door.

"I wouldn't start the welcome wagon too soon," she replies, fixing her hair with her eyes scanning each face that passes by them. Each student glaring at Lydia.

Allison pulls her into a hug, "well, we are glad you're back." She pulls away with a smile. Her gaze meets Paxton, who returns the smile despite the strain still residing between the two.

The three head toward the school, ignoring each judgmental stare that meets them. But once they enter the school, it's hard to overlook the crowd of peers that surround them. Whispering and gossiping about Lydia as if she weren't standing close enough to hear.

Paxton and Allison look to each other, worried about their friend. Lydia exhales deeply as she throws her curled hair over her shoulder, lifting her chin high into the air before stepping forward into the crowd. Making it clear she didn't care what they thought. Allison follows by her side while Paxton watches the redhead with admiration.

She catches up to them as they turn a corner towards Lydia's locker. She unlocks it, while a group of girl's whisper rather loudly across the hall. Paxton shakes her head, growing frustrated of their hissing gossip. "Hey, fuck off?" she says, waving her hand to tell them to move along.

Allison holds in her laugh, while Lydia smiles into her locker. "You're really protective, you know that?" Allison points out.

"To a fault."

"There's nothing wrong with that," Lydia says cheerfully before turning to her with a smile, "thank you."

Lydia's gaze moves from Paxton to the person approaching them. "Hey," Isaac greets them, though it's mainly for Paxton and not the strangers he had yet to meet.

"Uh, I'll catch you guy's later," she tells them before pulling Isaac away.

"Hey, I was just thinking about you," she smiles, friendly despite the residual stress from what Derek had done.