chapter 1

5 years later...

Dream pov

I scanned the busy crowd below me as I sat on the rooftop of a random guys house. My eyes wandered toward a weapon shop and I sat up when I saw a person enter. He came out moments later while he slid something into his pouch, I narrowed my eyes at him or her I thought to myself since I couldn't see his face because he had a large hood covering most of his face. He entered an alleyway and looked around to check if anyone saw him enter and followed him. I saw two vampires coming towards the alleyway and they looked like they wanted trouble.

Yes! Finally some drama!

I thought to myself as my eyes trailed back to the hooded person and I saw him take off his hood and my eyes widened as I recognized him immediately. 

George? No way...

It is him, I could recognize that brunette anywhere. I started to panic as both the vampires rounded the corner and began approaching George, he could fight but two vampires? I don't think he'll be able to handle that. 

George pov

I took the dagger out of my pouch when I heard silent footsteps approach me from behind. I spun around just in time to dodge a deadly swipe from my attacker, but his claw sliced my arm. I hissed in pain as I stabbed my sword into my attacker's heart and I watched him fall over before I was grabbed from behind. My scream was muffled by the hand the other attacker put over my mouth. My eyes widened as the person on the ground slowly stood up with my dagger in his heart and laughed menacingly, showing off his fangs. My heart dropped when both of them chuckled darkly, a sick smile on his face.

I could barely fight off one vampire but two?...

I squeezed my eyes shut as tears rolled down my cheeks. I waited for the pain of his claws slitting my neck but I felt the grip on me loosen as I heard two shouts. I opened my eyes to see both of the vampires thrown over to the other side of the alley, a glowing red wall stopping them form leaving. I lifted my head to see a tall man around my age standing in front of me, he wore a green hoodie, jeans and fingerless gloves. 

'Don't you fucking dare touch him again.' He growled, his voice laced with menace. 

that's a barrier... only the strongest vampires can do that... who is he...

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a scream of agony from one of the vampires. My eyes widened when I saw what had happened, the tall man gripped an arm from one of the vampires in his hand, he threw it aside, blood splattered onto the ground as he reached down and grabbed the top of the vampires head, and ripped it off in one clean go, scaring the other vampire shitless.

I watched as the vampire tried to attack him with his claws but did no damage to him. He started to shake as the tall man came closer and closer to him. He stopped right in front of the vampire as he had no place to back up to anymore. He grabbed him by his neck and lifted him off his feet, and snapped his neck. 

I sat there on the ground, trembling, not knowing what to do as he dropped the dead vampire to the ground.

'Are you alright?' He asked me gently, making me jump and scamper back. 

He sounds so familiar... I feel like I know him from somewhere...

My eyes widened as he turned around to face me, the smiley face from years ago stared back at me.

'Your arm.' He said, making me glance at my arm and saw that the vampire had sliced my arm and blood was seeping out right now. I clutched my arm in my hand and he sighed.