Chapter 13

I watched as Artemis flashed away with the three and I decided that now would be a good time to go back and tell father what I saw.

A portal opened up in front of me and I stepped through. Flashing somewhere took up so much energy and I didn't want to do that unless I had no other choice. Usually when I flash somewhere everything around me vaporizes and when I go back to the spot I'd been it's usually a mess of destruction as if a bomb had exploded in the area.

I stepped through to father's office and knocked on the door. I could feel his presence behind said door and so I didn't need to go anywhere else. There's also the fact that I could see wherever he was in My Monster Prison, but I didn't need to spy on him.

"Come in," he said and I opened the door and stepped through. When he looked up and saw me coming in he scowled, "you don't need to knock to come in son, you already know what I am doing, where I am, and if I'm busy."

"Yeah, but I don't like to invade on other peoples privacy," I said extending the chain on my left wrist to play with and spin in circles as I sat down. Tartarus sighed rubbing his face with a hand.

"Why did I take you in again?" He sighed and I grinned.

"Because I'm adorable?" I said grinning and he just scoffed and rubbed his face some more, groaning.

"Okay you only seem to come here when either you're bored or if something's happened, so what is it?" He said and I growled annoyed. I was hoping to avoid it for at least another two or three minutes.

"Well I was on my hunt for Kronos when I noticed that the Titan was acting strange. I followed him to an abandoned building and another man showed up," I paused, grabbing the end of my chain to look Tartarus in the eyes seriously. "He had a strange aura around him like everything about him had to be in perfect balance with the things around the space he occupied. Even his voice seemed to resonate with the air, forcing it to obey some unseen command." Father looked at me surprised.

"And he didn't see you? Or Sense you there at all?" I shook my head and motioned to my cloak and mask.

"Thanks to this it was easier than I thought to stay hidden, but who is he anyways?"

Father stood from his desk and walked around to put a hand on my shoulder. He gripped it reassuringly and then backed off to the door.

"I will take care of this, you don't need to worry about who he might be," he said and the second his hand left my shoulder his presence disappeared. I turned around in the chair to stare at the empty spot he'd occupied and sighed.

"I don't think it's going to go as smoothly as you wish father. At least not if it's who I think it is?" I said and looked at the table for something to do. "Dammit, he didn't even leave me anything to work on in the meantime."

—————3rd POV—————

Tartarus appeared in a large room with a circular table and a multitude of chairs that sat empty for the moment. He walked around to his chair and sat in it. Usually when coming to a throne room a god or primordial would show their sigil or do something using their domain to catch the attention of all.

But Tartarus only wanted to have a few gods show at the moment, so as soon as he say down a telepathic signal was sent out to those specific gods and goddesses to come to the round table.

The next second Gaia, Pontus, Nyx, Chaos, Order, and Chronos appeared. They were the deities that were assigned by Chaos to watch over the mortal realm, and even Chaos herself seemed able to get her brother Order to join her. He already had his hands crossed over his chest and was glaring at Tartarus murderously.