Chapter 49

Annabeth looked at Sundrop's outward hand in confusion. "So you three were trying to make your way through all that on your own, to do what?" 

"Well we weren't expecting to be swarmed by so many of them all at once, but ironically our objective was getting you to so that we could then get you to Percy, but seeing that you're here he's probably fine and..." 

"Really? Your whole goal was to find me and then get me to Percy?" Annabeth crossed her arms and scowled, "What if I decided to join his side and sit by doing nothing while you all got your asses handed to you by the orchestrator of this whole mess?" Sundrop looked at Annabeth in shock at her outburst. 

"Do you think we wouldn't have been able to convince Percy to fight alongside us?" He looked utterly perplexed as to why Annabeth was acting this way. 

"Well I found him in a cage, and while I thought that he was trapped he was actually just going to sit in there until the battle was over, or maybe until the very last moment just to break out and save your asses last minute." Annabeth scoffed and Sundrop looked at the ground in thought. 

"So they actually tried it..." 

"Tried what?" Annabeth stepped towards Sundrop threateningly pointing a knife of plasma at him. "Tried to trap him, again? Tried to force him into helping your side? Or did you just give the resources to someone else and let things play out?" She caught the barest of a flinch in his expression and growled. "You all did something stupid and are very lucky that it played out in your favor, if he knew that it was you guys that basically gave the mortals a way to trap him indefinitely he would've ripped off your heads and destroyed the world himself." Probably. Annabeth didn't say the last part but she was sure that if she hadn't been there to calm him down he might've killed all of the avengers and then moved on to make the gods pay before Order.

Seeing that they're all still sitting around on Olympus and watching idly by, letting this happen to the very planet that was responsible for their very own vast amounts of power. Poseidon's mood had already turned the Ocean into practically uninhabitable waters after he realized what he'd done to Percy back then, but if the planet were to be taken over by Order...None of it would even matter. They would all be powerless to stop him, quite literally at that as it seemed like Order just wanted to cleanse the entire planet of almost all free-will, and without that there would be no one worshipping or recognizing them anymore and their power would fade away. 

It seemed that with all the commotion going on Shadow was starting to regain consciousness, and she was just staring at everyone, silent and confused. As was everyone else watching Annabeth lay into Sundrop, but she didn't forget who else was on the ship with her. She whirled on Natasha, who instinctively went into a defensive posture, but Annabeth didn't get any closer and just pointed at her with the knife as well. 

"You should be ashamed too. You're a modern assassin from what I understand." She growled, "You and Hawkeye should've seen through the countless faults in such a plan and made countermeasures for them." Natasha looked at Annabeth with guilt plastered over her face. And Wanda stepped to the side into Annabeth's view to speak. 

"You aren't made at me? At my brother?" She asked and Annabeth shook her head. 

"No. From what I understand you aren't really a part of The Avengers like she and Hawkeye are, so I shouldn't turn my anger on you even if you tried to capture me in their stead." Annabeth looked over at Stella. Who was watching this entire encounter stoically, learning all she could about the vast amounts of emotions being show at the moment. "I'm sorry for stopping you earlier, even if Thor is on our side he clearly wasn't acting like it and it caused you harm." 

It is...fine Stella said, My systems are undamaged and back online and I have learned many things during this encounter that it would've equalized to a worthwhile expense. Annabeth looked at Stella shocked, she didn't expect that kind of answer. She kind of expected the AI to show some kind of emotion, like anger or annoyance, but if she was learning by watching then maybe she didn't know how to exhibit those emotions yet.