Chapter 50

Percy was having a blast

...other than the times he was thrown around through buildings or having to regrow severed limbs that is.

It seemed that Order had gotten his free-will back, or at least partially as his strikes were clearer and they had much more finesse in them. A testament to the primordial's age and skill, but he was still being pushed back...slowly. 

Percy could tell that Luke was getting tired, he was too after all and they'd been fighting for a while, or it seemed like it'd been a while with all that had happened so far. Percy snuck a glance around the battle-field at the collapsed buildings, destroyed cars, ripped up and cratered ground, and empty sky. 

That made him mad. It wasn't that Annabeth or the other warriors had shown up yet; He was mad that the so called 'gods' of Olympus hadn't come down to defend their monument. That pissed him off and he was sure that Luke had noticed but was deciding to stay silent about it. 

They had a moment to rest when Percy punched Order in the chest with a Spiky Chain-wrapped fist, causing the other immortal to go flying off into the distance...collapsing countless more buildings in their area of destruction. 

"Man. Do you really have to destroy every last building still standing?" Alpha breathed and Percy looked at him with a fang-filled grin. 

"Of course. I don't really have to worry about hurting any mortals because this entire battle's sorta been in a separate reality." Percy said and Alpha gaped at him quizzically. 

"What do you mean?" 

Percy stretched his arms above his head, his ears flicking as he did so and looked around. "I learned a few things about energy manipulation from dad after I'd taken over his dimension, and while I can't really effect entire planets yet, or keep people from seeing the effected area. I can still reflect an entire city and basically turn it into a separate reality for fighting...or destroying things." Alpha was silent for a moment. He stood straight and looked around. 

"You mean that since you appeared you made this entire area into a parallel realm before even starting to fight?" He got a nod and sighed putting a hand on his face. "Man you're too powerful." 

"Maybe now..."

"No you've always been strangely powerful Percy. No other child of Poseidon, former or not, has ever been able to do the things you have before and since you turned into a god it seems that you really don't seem to follow the logical rules of the universe." Alpha sighed, "Whatever...Having a mental breakdown can wait. What should we need to do about him?" 

Order was just starting to appear in the distance, coming in at a high speed, faster than anyone other than a Warrior or other primordial could perceive. 

"How about we immobilize him and get Chaos down here to talk sense into the guy." Percy said, "Nothing else it working." Another sigh answered him and the two leapt back into combat. 

They both rushed Order from different angles, and yet no matter which direction they came from the other immortal managed to block it: front or side? Blocked by the sword; Behind? Blocked by either a blast of light or a thin stream of energy; Even impossible angles where Order was defending against an attack, leaving another side open to attack was blocked. Eventually an arrow struck the Primordial in the thigh and Percy stepped forwards and cut off an arm at the shoulder. Sure it would heal given enough time, but Percy didn't plan on giving the being the time to focus on healing, and neither did any of the other warriors. 

"You will not defeat me. I have been around for eons longer than your godly parents have even thought their first words." Order said, and despite missing an arm he was still managing to give all four of them a hard time. Percy and Alpha struck at the same time -- with Percy's sword aiming for the neck and Alpha's aiming to cut off the other arm when Order blocked -- but both were blocked, again.