Chapter 15

I spent the rest of the day with Annabeth and she showed me around to all of the new things at Olympus and mentioned similar events between both camps. Oh and apparently they got a portal connecting to each other. Convenient and rather annoying considering the gods could've done that to make things so much easier for us last war. I was still wondering what we should do for the rest of the night when Annabeth asked me a strange question.

"Hey can you make a portal based off of another persons desire or memories?" She looked back at me stopping to hold our arms in front of us both.

"I haven't actually tried it yet but in theory it should work," I said and she nodded and asked me to close my eyes. I did as she asked and after a minute or so of asking questions about what I was feeling and if I could focus on the connection we had she asked me to open the portal.

I hadn't gotten the chance to open my eyes before we were somewhere very high up, with wind blowing all around us. I opened my eyes and looked around for a moment—

"Why did you want to come here? I could've just brought us here without having to do all of that," I asked and she smiled.

"Yes I know you could've, but I wanted to go to a place that was memorable for both of us, and why not the perfect time to make a bad memory better than watching the sunset on a skyscraper?" She said holding the rails and looking towards the setting sun.

"You have a point, as always," I said before coming up to join her. I never imagined that I would come back here, even with Luke resting peacefully in Elysium and all I didn't think this place would hold a special meaning other than just a bad memory.

The Empire State Building.

Gosh even thinking it brings back the bad memories of Luke when he was influenced by Kronos. I want to forget about them but it just...it's hard to forget someone that was so badly misunderstood, just trying to get his fathers attention after all.

That did remind me of the person I saw a little while ago in the Olympian Throne room though. He had the same exact eyes as Luke did and it unnerved me for some reason. Hmm, maybe I should go 'Visit' the Underworld and see if he's still there. I could also say hi to Perseus and Bianca while I'm there...and maybe Nico if I see him.

"What's on your mind?" Annabeth's voice took me from my thoughts as we watched the changing horizon.

"I don't know." I said, "I didn't want to bring it up but you would find out eventually, so I might as well—"

"I want to join you," she said and I lost my train of thought, "I mean I want to be like you, a werewolf I mean...wait was that not what you were going to say?" I looked at her shocked and she played with her pencil nervously. It can wait...

"I—I, um, what made you change your mind about this?" I asked taking her hands, with her still holding that pencil. Maybe it was enchanted to stay with her at all times too.

"I'm not ready to go down there yet, I don't know if I ever will be, but I can at least take the option to be with you forever. That way even if we both die we can find each other no matter where we are anyways, but—Why is a light still coming from the horizon like that?" What was she talking about?

I turned around to see what she was talking about and my eyes immediately focused on the 'beam of light' heading our way. It was a man, a flying man dressed in a metal suit.

"Hey did you hire a flying metal man?" I asked and she hummed in confusion.

"Okay" I said with a sigh, "first it's an arrow, then it was someone stalking me, and now it's someone actively interrupting our time together?!" I shifted with a growl of annoyance.