Chapter 11

Artemis' POV (in throne room)

I watched as the six soldiers looked at us in confusion seemingly torn on what to do. Then they got in a circle and eventually five of them left. Stepping through a pitch black portal until only the leader was left behind. I looked at the others who were looking at him in confusion.

For once we all weren't arguing over something and he started to walk toward us. Then he knelt down and I thought he was apologizing before he hissed with pain. Pulling something out of the floor before dropping it in pain like it had burned him.

We all looked at him and the glowing red throwing knife on the ground and I felt it had a small connection to me. I didn't know why or how but I felt like I was connected to some aspect of it. He pulled out a black and silver cloth before using that to pick up the weapon and seeing that it didn't burn through that fabric. He wrapped it up and put it in his pocket before turning to us and kneeling again. And just as Zeus was about to explode too, what good timing he has.

"I apologize for mine and my teams behavior," he said, "I do not know who that figure was nor what they would want with you Olympians but I will do everything in my power to figure out what they want."

"We don't know who we can trust right now nor can we expect trust right off the bat" I looked at this male curiously, he seemed genuine and Apollo showed no reaction to his words, "I want to ask you just one thing before I leave though. I would like to know if you know who that other person was, and what they may want?"

"That was Percy Jackson," Zeus said, "He is here to kill us all."

"Father!" I roared turning on Zeus, "You cannot be sure of that just from one encounter." I glared at him and Zeus gulped nervously.

"Percy did seem only intent on killing you and Poseidon after all. It seemed like he didn't even care about Hades nor the rest of us in any way at all." Apollo said also partially growling, "And he has a very good reason to. You three made a mistake and now a very persistent, very powerful former Hero is after your heads."

Zeus was bristling red in anger but it was hard to argue against the god of Truth after all.

"You don't even know what to say do you? Because of what you did, something so horrible that the Fates look down on you for it. You have made a very powerful enemy Father, and I want no part in fighting a war for a King that doesn't actually care about those he should call family." I flashed out and left them gaping at my words.

I appeared in my tent near the camp because even though I hated my father at the moment. We were still going back to that place, Camp Half-Blood, even if temporarily. It was still safer than having my hunters running around in monster infested woods. I stepped out of my tent and had the girls to gather in the meeting tent. I wanted no part in this war and was going to tell them that they were free to leave if they wanted to.

"Okay girls you are probably wondering why I summoned you all here, and I am going to just get to the point. I don't want to participate in this war, last time I lost many good, skilled hunters and I do not want to lose any more for  a worthless cause. Olympus is a wreck of untrustworthy fools right now. Even my father isn't the brightest right now, so who votes to just stay out of this one?" I asked and all of the girls rose their hands.

I nodded and smiled before flashing them all to my temple where we would be staying to a long, long time, but I needed to track Percy down and ask him something. Hopefully he had some good left in him still, otherwise I may very will die. I saw some of the old Percy in him before when he brought Amelia to us, and I guessed that I would probably need a couple others with me. People that he trusted and those that would probably have the best change at being him to our side.

"Girls I have a couple more things I need to ask you," I said and they all turned from their conversations to look at me, "Who would like to know about a male that is worthy enough, in my eyes, to be our guardian? A male that I trust as much as I trust all of you?" They were all confused and looking at each other as if to reassure themselves that I had actually said that.

"Who would that be?" Phoebe asked gripping her bow in evident anger.

"Have you heard about Percy Jackson?" I asked and almost all of them gasped.

"You saw him that one day with the Manticore, he's changed, he was so...so different than how I knew him." Thalia said and then she thought for a second and stepped forwards sighing, "But if there is still some good in him I would love to have him as a guardian."

After she said this Phoebe stepped forward, as did Amelia, and they would be my companions for this mission. We all wanted to search for him because of the faith that he still had good in him. The rest of the girl's nodded in agreement but none stepped forth. I smiled and looked at the three before motioning for them to come over. They did albeit confused but they stood at my side looking at their sisters and me in confusion.

"Why did you call us up Milady?" Thalia asked and I looked at them and smiled.

"Because I need you three to get ready," I said.

"What do we need?" Amelia asked.

"Bring anything that may help convince Percy Jackson to either join or help us," I said seriously and the three looked at each other for a moment before two grinned and one smiled. I waited for a moment and when none of them moved I flashed us all to the forest near our last encampment; our hunt has began.

Thanks for reading. Yeah, I know, another shorter chapter. But I promised that it has a reason.

I hope you enjoyed the new perspective and let me know if you want me to continue to do this from time to time.

Revised: 3-5-22

See you in the next one