Chapter 42

"I think its about time I end this" Percy said and the chains she'd noticed on the manacles around his wrists and ankles suddenly increased in length and started to levitate. He let the tips of the ones around his wrists turn into spikes while the ones at his legs wrapped up his body till around the waist where they made a sort of coiled belt glowing with soft crimson color. 

The Scarlet Witch was mesmerized at what was unfurling before of her and almost forgot to put up a shield in time to block as the chains shot forwards with a speed faster than she could perceive. One of them broke through her shield easily and wrapped around her arms and the second came in from behind and started to wrap up her legs. Soon she found herself helpless and unable to move as Percy walked over to her. 

"I know he's coming back about now. It's why you've been stalling for so long, and I don't know what you two have that's so important to keep me 'distracted' for so long, but seeing that you are clearly outmatched here I'm going to give you one last chance to stand down." Percy subtly made the chains tighten and the ends of them turned cones that covered her hands up the the mid wrist. To make sure she couldn't move her hands or fingers behind his back and do something with it. 

"Last chance," Percy said letting a pulse of the power red silver caused to those touching the metal with bare skin. The Scarlet Witch hissed with the sudden unexpected pain but grit her teeth and looked Percy in the eyes noticing the silver line of her brother a mile away. 

"Sorry, but I'm not the one losing today." She said and Percy tilted his head at this and was about to make a crushing motion with a hand when his posture suddenly shifted slightly and that hand instead shot out to grab Quicksilver by the neck. 

"Did you think I'd have forgotten about you?" Percy growled and Quicksilver grinned this time. 

"Nope." 

"..." Percy looked down at his hand and noticed that there was a flash of red light from something attached to his hand and sighed. Then he threw Quicksilver into a car, knocking him out and turned to The Scarlet Witch once more to do the same but a flash of some multicolored metal pole flashed between the two before straightening and Percy paused in confusion. 

That confusion, however, allowed the rest of the pieces to surround him and soon he was entrapped in a cage of some unknown metal. Percy looked at the contraption that had appeared around him and was wondering what it did when there was a sudden pulse of magic and a barrier cut through the chains he had wrapping up The Scarlet Witch and disappeared as fast as it had come with both the cage, him, and her falling to the ground simultaneously. 

Once Wanda had detangled herself from the chains surrounding her, and tugged off the shackles surrounding her hands, she floated over to her brother and checked on how he was doing. Once realizing that he was fine she turned to look at Percy only to gawk in surprise and disbelief at his nonchalance. 

He was laying on the floor of his cage with his hands under his head and his eyes closed. 

"Fucking seriously?" 

----------------------------------------

Steve gained consciousness slowly, every bone and muscle in his body hurt and seeing that he's never had that problem since his transformation into Captain America it was a strangely nostalgic feeling for him. He slowly got to a knee and looked around for his shield while trying to remember what had happened earlier, and it hit him like a eighteen wheeler as he saw Clint stumbling out of a wrecked building. He shot to his feet looking around for the enemy they'd been fighting and he suddenly remembered that they all had the small communications tech in the form of an ear-piece. 

"Is everyone alright?" He struggled to his feet and walked over to the center of where all of the fighting has been, a large crater could be seen but not what was in said crater yet. "Come in everyone. Give me something here."