Chapter 22

Annabeth was...excited? She didn't know how to correctly word these feelings inside her. The last few weeks of their vacation had gone by pretty quickly, with Percy only being delayed past the portal a few times, and tomorrow was the night she was to be turned. 

Whether he realized it or not Percy was starting to look at her more hungrily as time went on, and Annabeth was slightly wary, and yet rather ecstatic that she was going to be able to be with him for an eternity. Nothing was going to change her mind about this: not her mother, not her father, not even Percy himself. She was doing this even if she had to make him. 

It took a little while for her to realize this. Her feelings had been all over the place during the extend of their time together, but it never once quelled that strange buzzing feeling in her chest. Especially when she thought about what it would be like...Would it be slow? Would it be Fast? Romantic? It was surely going to be painful; curses just seemed to like causing pain, but she wasn't about to back down just because of a little pain. 

Annabeth looked over at Percy. He was staring ahead at the large expanse of fluffy clouds hovering over the edge of the eastern horizon. They were back in New York and so far nothing too bad had happened, Percy looked over at Annabeth noticing that he was being watched and flashed her a quick grin. Annabeth looked away out of reflex as her entire body trembled but quickly looked back and punched his shoulder playfully. 

"Stop doing that," She scowled and he only grinned wider, that predatory look in his eyes again, "And stop looking at me like that. We haven't gotten that far yet." 

"But it is tomorrow," Percy said turning to her and holding her by the waist, "And I don't think that I will be the one to push the final stage...unless you want me to." His playful teasing tone worried and made Annabeth's stomach flutter. 

"J-just stop" she said and Percy relented, going back to look at the clouds in the distance once again. A smile still wide and bright on his face. 

"So what are we doing today?" Percy asked after a moment and looked at her. Annabeth reached into her pocket and took out the small notebook and pen to look at what she had planned for their last vacation day in New York. 

"I was thinking about going to check out the Avengers' Tower, and maybe get a meeting with it's designer, Tony Stark." She said and Percy looked back at the Horizon for a moment before looking back at Annabeth curiously. 

"Who's that?" He asked and Annabeth groaned. 

"A very successful part-time mortal hero that has a really successful tech company. Wow saying mortal like that feels really weird." Annabeth said and Percy chuckled a little. 

"What kind of hero? What has he done?" He asked and Annabeth looked at him confused before sighing.

"Right you've been trapped in Tartarus for the entire time, and I've only just been able to catch up." She said before pointing at a very tall building in the distance, "That's the Avengers Tower. It has been through quite a number of things according to past news and online articles. Tony Stark is among a number of Avengers agents that have either powers or tech to help them keep the city, or some parts of the world, safe and while a lot of them are flawed in many ways it seems to work out pretty well."

"Anyways from what I know of the place they have Wanda Maximoff, Vision, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Pepper Potts, who is the wife of Tony and has no powers. And Clint Barton, Natasha Romanov, Thor and Loki come around from time to time along with a few of the other hero with the Avengers. Tony is Iron Man, he basically has a metal suit of armor that can fly and shoot high intensity beams of light and energy. Bruce is The Hulk, basically a large mutant monster that isn't actually a monster. Vision is a highly advanced Robot, I can't really explain how his creation was possible." Pepper is Tony's wife, and Steve is a Super-soldier from the second world war that got frozen in ice for a long time."