Chapter 46

Natasha expected to feel pain when Percy's powers engulfed her form but instead her entire body felt tingly and strange. The pain in her chest slowly went away and that was when she realized that Percy was healing her. Instead of taking the chance and getting her out of the picture then and there so that he could deal with the rest of the team easier he instead healed her to the point of only having sore muscles. 

She looked at him in surprise and confusion, not knowing what to feel as he walked off and stood before Tony, who was laying on the ground unresponsive, but she knew that he was likely still awake and trying to get his suit working again. Percy just reached down and tore off his arm. The metal armor surrounding it made several grinding and screeching sounds as it was forcibly disconnected from the rest of the suit and tossed off to the side. He then did the same to the other arm and then ripped off the chest and back panels before lazily tossing a ball of light red fire on Tony and walking away. Natasha stood up and walked over to help him stand and remove the rest of his armor but Tony held out an arm to stop her. 

"As uncomfortable as I am right now I can take off my own mess Nat." His voice was strained and even though he looked fine now it seemed that the fireball Percy threw at him only healed him enough to stand. 

"Hey," Natasha yelled over at Percy, "Aren't you going to heal him fully." The growl that reached her ears made her body instinctively freeze in fear and her mind was trying to process whether it was worth it or not to run away while she still had a chance, but seeing that the area was swarming with unknown monsters still she doubted she'd get very far without any weapons. 

"If he wants to be healed any more I'd have to rip that reactor out of his chest or modify it to accommodate the power that I would have to pour into his body." Percy growled walking back towards Natasha with literal fire in his eyes, "And doing that would be extremely painful for a mortal so I suggest you figure out another way to help him because that's all I can do for him." 

"You have so much power, and you made healing my injuries and Banner's seem like such an easy task but you can't heal a single mortal because he has a little technology in his body?" Natasha challenged and Percy's claws extended slightly and he growled louder. 

"Despite what you think of me I am not going to hurt someone for now reason, and what I would have to do to him just to heal him fully would cause him a lot of pain, maybe more than his mind could take at the moment and I would be giving him more power than he currently has indefinitely." Percy stepped closer and pointed towards Banner. "Besides, him having a mutation that causes his cells to turn him into an entirely separate entity helped him heal fully. The one behind you has a literal bomb in his chest, and if overloaded it would kill everything within at least four blocks of here."

"Five" Tony muttered and Percy's glare only hardened, noticing that Natasha hear it too. 

"Why should I give the person that interrupted me and my mate's time together around the world, one that later turned into one of the worst days in both of our lives, more power?" Percy crossed his arms scowling. 

Natasha looked at Tony and asked, "What happened?" 

"FRIDAY notified me of him and the person he was with when they got to Avenger's tower, I confronted him in the training room and tried to keep them from leaving." He said still looking shaken up from when Percy threatened him. 

"And if you do that again I will tear you apart limb from limb" Percy growled letting a hint of blood-lust escape to prove he wasn't joking. Making both Natasha and Tony freeze again in subconscious fear. "You don't deserve to be given a gift, but I also need you in this fight so unless you have a way to get armor to you without me dropping my shield I'll have to do something to help."