Chapter 23

Percy and Annabeth were ushered over to the elevator by the person at the front desk. She had said, "Mr. Stark will see you now. FRIDAY will show you to your waiting area."

"Who's FRIDAY?" Percy started to ask, but the elevator doors had closed, leaving Annabeth and him alone in a silent elevator.

'Hello Percy, Annabeth, my name is FRIDAY, short for Female Replacement Intelligent Digital Assistant Youth, designed and implemented after my predecessor, Jarvis, was assimilated into the being known as Vision.' The room was filled with a female voice of unknown origins and Percy looked at Annabeth for an explanation.

"What are you looking at me for? I had no idea there are an advanced form of artificial intelligence in charge of the building." Annabeth said and Percy growled disapprovingly.

"So where are you bringing us?" Percy decided to ask aloud looking around for a moment before deciding to just stare at the camera.

'I am to direct you to the meeting place and Mr. Stark will meet with you shortly.' FRIDAY responded and Percy growled again unimpressed and full of discomfort.

"How do you work and what are your values towards life?" Annabeth asked while Percy lent against the railing staring at the elevator doors with a heavy glare.

'I cannot relay such information' FRIDAY said and Annabeth turned silent in thought while Percy groaned.

"Great. We're in an elevator controlled by a robot that has no problems taking lives," He growled and turned to the camera, "At least tell us where it is we are meeting him."

'You will see' FRIDAY said and Percy growled at it while Annabeth turned deeper in thought with a mutter, "It has a personality as well..."

Eventually the elevators opened and Percy stepped out hand in hand with Annabeth and they were both lead to the 'Testing Room' where a hidden door raised into the wall and closed behind them as they went in. Once inside the entire area lit up with light to reveal a room at least fifty by a hundred feet wide with every visible surface lined with white panels that were six- by-six feet wide each.

"Hey what did you say this room was for again?" Percy yelled out

'I did not' FRIDAY responded, 'Mr. Stark will be with you within five minutes.'

"Dammit," Percy muttered and Annabeth chuckled.

"Percy its an advanced form of intelligence, things like that may work on normal people, but not AI" Annabeth smirked and Percy just huffed and looked around instead.

"What do you think this room is used for?" He asked her after a moment and she looked around for a moment as well.

"It kinda looks like a sort of training room honestly," she said, "Look at the walls for instance. Even from here I can tell that most if not all of them are designed to be easily replaced, or maybe even repaired on the spot and I can only guess that somewhere hidden around us would be the weapons compartments."

"Why is it so white though?" Percy huffed scratching at a wall with a clawed finger, and seeing that his claw went through without much resistance stopped and went to try and focus on something else. The only other thing in the room being his 'soon to be' Annabeth and his admiration of her body was interrupted by a hissing noise before a panel on the ceiling, larger than the others now that Percy was focused on it, opened a moment before a flying metal figure came through.

The figure soon came closer to them were Percy was able to better see that it was the same metal man from before at the Empire State Building when he encountered that witch lady. He came to a stop around fifteen feet from the two and Percy stepped forwards and slightly over to overlap Annabeth's figure with his body.