Chapter 29

Chaos was having a nice day, or at least close to what could be considered a day when you're constantly in different places in the vast expanse of space...Yeah things were well: 

First, she got to see a growing band of Space Pirates get 'blown out of the water' by a mobile battle-station the size of a moon. 

Second, she got to meet Percy after all this time, this was the top thing on her mind while she sat at her desk doing paperwork. Honestly she lives and breathes in space, why is paperwork still a thing out here? 

Third, her command was going well. The Galaxy Warriors were on Planet Earth, or Gaea, making sure things were going smoothly. It seemed like they split up their forces with half of them monitoring the mortals and the other half of them going in between camps to train the demigods for the upcoming multi-species war that was going to be taking place all over the planet. Where they would then be portaled into different important areas where they could hopefully defend until the main threats were taken care of: the giants, the titans, rouge monsters and demigods, mortals, and last but not least her husband. 

Chaos sighed as she looked at the demographics for the costs of...everything. There was too much to look at and it was overwhelming her, so she decided to take a break from it. She got up from her desk and moved to the balcony where she could overlook her city with a small smile, even in the midst of war there was still so much peace and hope found everywhere. Suddenly there was a presence behind her and Chaos stepped to the side just as a red-tinted blade almost cut her in half. 

"Percy?" Chaos said dodging the next strike as the werewolf Primordial came at her with a vengeance, "What are you doing? Did I do something to offend you?" He was fast, and she was having a hard time just dodging all of his attacks and not striking back or retreating. His chains whipped around shooting at her from impossible angles and speeds while his blades cut off other areas of retreat. 

"You caused this," He growled and swept her feet from under her, "My Annabeth has been taken because I went to meet you" His blade penetrated the stone an inch from her head as he knelt over her. Tears in his eyes. "Where is she?!" His roar was filled with such pain and helplessness that she didn't know how to react. 

So she simply reached up and hugged him. 

Her arms wrapped around under his sword arm and over the shoulder of the other to pull him closer into an embrace with a simple phrase, "I'm sorry." And he Collapsed. Falling to his knees between her legs and sobbing, his claws ripped through the back of her dress and penetrated her skin easily as she held him close. She winced but only drew him closer in response. 

After a few minutes Percy calmed down enough, as by his arms falling loosely to his sides and Chaos drew back and held him by the shoulders. Looking into his downcast eyes as if that would hold the answer as to what might have happened without having to ask aloud. 

"What happened?" She asked and Percy told her. From the events of before meeting her where Annabeth had told him she was going to find the library that Percy had recently discovered to where he'd ripped out Nyx's heart. 

"I've spent the last few weeks searching all over this world to find her, even getting a few mortals involved but nothing. It was all a waste of time and she's probably going through a different version of hell than that I rule." Percy whined and Chaos watched him sympathetically. 

"If you haven't found her on Gaea's body then that means that shes been taken somewhere off-world. Probably a prison of sorts for captures of war." She said and Percy looked over at the deep hole in the ground, his sword had returned to his back and that was the remaining reminder of what he'd almost just done. "I promise you I did not have a hand in any of this. If I had known that your mate was in danger I would not have asked you to spend the day with me like you had. My warriors know of all of the places Order takes prisoners of war..."