Chapter 36

--------------------------

Percy looked at the Destroyed planet before him with irritation. Him and Chaos had gone through dozens of planets these past few weeks and when he did finally get the location of the place where they were keeping Annabeth she wasn't even there!

"I don't understand." He growled. "We've done everything, destroyed some of the best assets to Order in this war and I still haven't been able to find my mate!" The power around him vibrated the very fabric of the void and Chaos, who has been standing next to him throughout this entire journey, was starting to fear for her and everyone else's lives in the solar system. If Percy didn't calm down, and soon, the energy that was seeping from his body would turn into an explosion akin to a supernova. 

Chaos didn't know what to say, what to do anymore. Most of the work to actually find these higher targets were done through methods only Percy was comfortable doing, or at least it seemed like he was willing to sacrifice such a horror in order to find this one person. 

"Lets go back to Earth. The attack has probably started there by now and I'm sure that Annabeth will turn up eventually." She said, "Since we can't find her after all this time she has surely escaped and found a way out of her situation, so..." 

"Or she escaped and was immediately captured by someone or something else," Percy interrupted, "I'm sure that she would be able to learn how to fly a spaceship given enough time, but what if she was captured before she even got the chance to, or what if she was moved to another location in order to use against me later?" Chaos looked at Percy worriedly. His anger was getting stronger by the second and she was at a loss now. It seemed that nothing she'd said or hinted at was getting through to him, and starting at these destroyed prisons definitely wasn't helping his mood. 

"How about we take another look at the area then, take a moment to find something that we can use to find Annabeth." Chaos said and Percy stopped for a moment and his aura calmed slightly. 

"Yeah that's a good idea." He said, "I'll start with this one." He didn't wait for her reply and shot towards the closest area of wreckage. He looked around every piece of floating wreckage and every piece of metal, body, and scrap he could find.  He found nothing, just metal, more metal, dead bodies, metal melted by acid, dead guards and...

Percy mentally stepped back for a moment and looked back at the body of what appeared to be one of the few dead guards, but unlike the others this one appeared to have what looked to be a giant hold through their body and armor. He realized that the damage this gun caused looked quite similar to the broken bars, wall pieces, and chains he'd seen here and there. It was hard to believe but he was starting to see that there was a chance that Annabeth had escaped with help. The question now was who helped? 

He started to look at the bodies and wreckage with fervor and after a moment he found something that didn't match the area. Sure there were tons of aliens from all over the universe, but which ones have fur that looks like a certain creature on earth? Percy grabbed all of the fur that he found stuck in walls, on other bodies, and whatever he was able to see floating around. It was difficult but he was able to get a few different fur types. 

Percy brought them all over to where Chaos was looking around and she noticed that his aura wasn't flared and angry now. She looked at what he had in his hands and immediately opened a portal to one of the research rooms she has on her planet. Once they were both through the portal closed and Percy gave her the different types of fur of which she put into a machine of some kind and they both waited. 

"I did hear of a small group traveling around the universe recently. They're mostly known as thieves but there was an incident where they saved a planet from some psychopath with an infinity stone." She said, "And one of their members was a genetically modified Raccoon so if one of these matches was can assume that Annabeth and them have met..."