Chapter 12: Excuses

Cat and The Girls are over Robbie and Cat's house, helping Cat with her audition. Cat stands in front of the room, preparing to read her monologue. Tori, Jade and Trina sit back watching.

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore", Cat says, "We must be over the rainbow".

"Dorothy sees some things from oz", Jade says.

"Oh, now I know for sure we're not in Kansas", Cat says.

"Booo, terrible", Jade yells.

Everyone looks at Jade. Cat stops acting and faces Jade.

"Dude", Tori says.

"What, I mean if Cat wants to feel like she's on a Broadway stage, I gotta show her what might happen", Jade says.

"This is Broadway not a Live Show at the Apollo", Trina says.

"And I been in 10 Broadway Shows in the past 5 years, I don't need practice for someone booing me off stage, because I don't get booed", Cat says.

"Fine, but I'm a director and I can tell you now, you're not being dramatic enough, you look like you're starring in a movie, not a Broadway musical. You're not projecting enough to us, I feel like I'm watching an at home performance when you should be giving me a full out play right now", Jade says.

Everyone falls silent. Jade looks around at everyone.

"What, I know my stuff", Jade says.

"That was amazing", Tori says.

"Okay I'll try again, maybe this time I can get through the first 3 acts", Cat says.

"3 acts?", EVERYONE YELLS.

Everyone jumps up quickly.

"Uh, I have to go take Audrey to her dads", Trina says.

"I thought you took her yesterday", Cat says.

"Right", Trina says rushing out the front door.

"Where are you going Jade?", Cat asks.

"Uh, I have to go make dinner for my family", Jade says.

"But you're terrible at cooking", Cat replies.

"Exactly, so I have to go practice", Jade says leaving.

Cat grabs Tori's hand.

"Tori, can you please stay, I'm so nervous about this audition, and I really need help", Cat says.

"I would Cat, but I have to go meet with Andre to start working on our song", Tori says.

Cat makes a sad face. Suddenly Robbie walks from downstairs.

"Robbie's here, maybe he can help you", Tori says.

Cat turns to Robbie as Tori leaves.

"Help you with what?", Robbie asks.

"I need help practicing for my audition", Cat says.

"Why couldn't they help you?", Robbie asks.

"I don't know, they made some stupid excuses and ran out the front door", Cat says.

"Well, I would help you but this isn't my profession remember, I know nothing about this", Robbie replies.

"Robbie, I didn't mean that, I was just saying that in the heat of the moment", Cat says.

"Well either way, I can't help you now, I'm meeting Beck for drinks at Club Avalon", Robbie says.

"Oh, well have fun?", Cat says giving him a kiss and walking back to the living room to practice.