Chapter 24: Stuck Together

Tori stands at the door staring back at Andre. Andre stares back at her.

"Tori, what did I just hear you say to Ryder", Andre asks.

"I don't know, what did you hear me say to Ryder?", Tori asks.

"Don't play coy with me Tori", Andre starts, "I was standing right here".

"Then you already know what I said, I don't have to explain it", Tori says walking away from the door heading for the kitchen.

Andre follows behind her quickly.

"How could you tell Ryder that you two could give it another go?", Andre asks.

"I said maybe", Tori replies turning around.

"Close enough", Andre says.

Tori goes into the fridge and grabs a water bottle.

"Andre, what's the big deal?", Tori asks.

"The big deal is that Ryder played you like a complete fool and you're  basically gonna forget about that", Andre asks.

"It was High School Andre!", Tori yells.

"So what, he hurt you, and now you're letting him back into your life", Andre replies.

"He said he loved me", Tori replies.

"How could he possibly love you, you dated him for what, four days?", Andre asks.

Tori chuckles under her breath.

"Wow, I get it now", Tori says.

"Really, what do you get?", Andre asks.

"You've been acting crazy ever since Ryder showed up, the constant bickering, not wanting him to be in the video, and now this", Tori says, "You're jealous".

"Jealous?", Andre says his eyes getting wide, "I'm jealous?".

"Cleary", Tori says.

"Well if I'm jealous, why do you think that is?", Andre asks.

"You tell me", Tori says.

Andre shakes his head.

"You're really gonna make me say it", Andre asks.

"Say what?", Tori asks sarcastically.

Andre chuckles.

"I love you, okay, you happy, I am in love with Tori Vega", Andre replies.

Tori stares at him.

"There I said it, but you already knew that, I didn't have to tell you. You knew I was in love with you and you still told Ryder you will give him another chance", Andre states.

"What choice did I have", Tori asks.

"Excuse me?", Andre asks.

"You're in love with me and instead of acting on your love, you lead me on and tell me we can't be together because you're my manager. So I have to put my love life on hold for the sake of my career. How is that fair to me?", Tori asks.

Andre takes a deep breath.

"You're right, it's not fair, to me or you", Andre says, "I can't expect you to hold out on a love life for something that will take nearly a year, so I'm sorry."

"It's okay", Tori states.

"No, it's not okay, you're suppose to be my favorite person in the world, my best friend", André says, "And I'm letting things get in the way of us both being happy from the fear of losing you".