Chapter 17: Investment with a Moose

Andre quickly tries to leave, but Jade grabs his arm.

"I think you should stay", Jade says nervously.

"But I should really get back to Tori", Andre says.

Jade makes a mean grimace towards Andre.

"I think I can stay for a while", Andre says closing the front door and sitting down on the couch.

The room falls silent as everyone exchanges looks.

"Well someone needs to speak up, what's going on?", Beck asks.

"As I said, I'm here for an investment meeting", Moose says.

"That's funny because I don't remember calling you for an investment meeting, frankly I don't remember the last time we talked each other, if I do remember precisely you became a pro athlete and your old friend became just that, your old friend", Beck says.

"Well you know the phone works both ways, just like I can pick up the phone and call you, you can pick up  the phone and call me too", Moose says.

"Well either way, We have an investor", Beck says.

"No we don't it's not finalized", Jade says.

Beck turns to André.

"You want to be our investor?", Beck asks André holding out his hand.

"Yes!", André says nervously shaking Becks hand.

"There it's finalized", Beck says.

"That's one investor, we need more and Moose can more than likely invest enough to cover half the expenses", Jade says.

"Why are you so adamant about him investing in OUR company", Beck says putting emphasis on our.

"Why are you so against it?", Jade asks.

"It just doesn't make sense, why would you want to invest in our Production Studio?", Beck asks, "It has nothing to do with Hockey whatsoever".

"Well the hockey season just ended so my manager thought it would be great if I took up another hobby so I went with Acting", Moose says.

Beck chuckles.

"Just what we need, another dumb athlete trying to be the next Robin Williams", Beck says.

"Beck!", Jade yells.

Moose takes a deep breath.

"Hey look man, I didn't mean to come here and step on your toes or offend you in anyway. I'm simply here for a business meeting", Moose says.

"And how exactly did you even know about our production studio", Beck says.

"Does that even matter?", Jade asks.

Beck gives her the side eye.

"It's all over the news sites and I figured, we were friends once, maybe some friend ship is still there and this could possibly get us back close", Moose says.

"Well from my understanding you got pretty close with my wife in High School", Beck says, "How do I know you're not trying to rekindle that instead".

"Because I'm happily married, and have 2 kids", Moose says, "And you would know that if you we were still friends".

The room falls silent.

"I think maybe it's time for you to leave", André says standing up.

"Yeah, I should probably get going", Moose says, "Jade let me know if anything changes with the situation".