Chapter 13: Meeting Halfway

André stares at his phone.

"What are you gonna do?", Tori asks.

André puts his phone away.

"I'm gonna stay right here and write this song", André says.

Tori takes a deep breath.

"Even though I desperately want you to stay here and write this song with me, you and Becks friendship is much more important", Tori says.

"No, you getting this record deal is more important", André says.

Tori smirks.

"I know you believe that, but I'm not writing another word until you get up and go meet Robbie and Beck", Tori says.

André takes a deep breath.

"At least let me write you a chorus", André says.

Tori squints at him.

"Fine, but only the chorus then you leave", Tori says.

"Deal", André says taking the notepad from Tori.

Back at Club Avalon, Robbie and Beck sit and talk. Suddenly Robbie gets a message on his phone.

"It's André", Robbie says, "He says he'll be here in an hour".

Beck takes a deep breath.

"Then I'm gonna need some more shots of tequila", Beck says.

"Oh come on, this talk with André will not be that bad, as long as the both of you try to here each other out", Robbie says.

"I don't know about hearing him out, but I definitely have a few things I need to say", Beck says.

"Like what?", Robbie asks.

"That's for his ears to hear", Beck says, "I'm not talking about the situation until he's here in front of me".

Beck takes a sip of his drink.

"Well until he gets here, why don't you tell me about this Film Studio you and Jade are building", Robbie says.

"Well today we actually went and met with an Architect, we found some land that already had an abandoned studio there, so the foundation will already be perfect", Beck says.

"Really that's amazing", Robbie says.

"Yeah it's perfect, and since the building is already there they're gonna remodel it to look Brand New, it's gonna be just like we're building it from the ground up", Beck says.

"Wow", Robbie says, "And how long will the building process take?".

"4-6 months", Beck says.

"So it'll be up in time for the Summer?", Robbie asks.

"Yep and to kick it off, Jades planning on creating a remake of the thriller the scissoring", Beck says.

"And now I'm terrified", Robbie says.

Beck and Robbie laugh.

"Well what about you Rob, what's next for The Comedy stylings of Robbie and his Insulting Puppet Rex", Beck says.

"I don't know, I'm constantly trying to figure out a way to expand my brand outside of stand up but it's a hard industry for people with a profession like me", Robbie says.

"Then maybe you should try something else", Beck says.

"Like a new profession?", Robbie asks.

"A temporary one", Beck says, "Just something you can try out and if it doesn't work you still got your primary job".