Chapter 20: Conceited Ex's and Illegal Oh's

Tori stands in front of the TV in utter shock. On the TV, the Fox News is announcing the cast of The Wizard of Oz remake.

The News Reporter: "It is a wonderful day today because Montgomery Wilson has announced his cast and crew of the very anticipated Broadway Remake of The Wizard of Oz, playing Lion is none other than Tyson Richmond, playing Scarecrow is none other than Prince Jackson, playing Tinman is newcomer and stand up comedian Robbie Shapiro, and playing the lead character Dorothy is the very lovely Chelsea Shaw".

"Oh my god", Tori says sitting down, "Cat didn't really get the lead".

Suddenly Andre walks back in the house.

"Sorry, I forgot my.....", Andre starts but falls short looking at the tv.

The Poster for the Broadway Show is displayed on the TV. Andre and Tori make eye contact.

"Cat didn't get the lead?", Andre asks.

"No, she didn't", Tori says softly.

"Why would they lie to us?", Andre asks.

"I don't know, maybe she was embarrassed", Tori replies.

"Embarrassed about what?", Andre asks.

"Embarrassed that she didn't get the part, I mean Cat thought she had that in the bag", Tori says.

"Are you gonna go talk to her and tell her you know?", Andre asks.

"I don't think I should", Tori says standing up.

"What, why not?", Andre asks.

"Because Cat clearly is going through something, she didn't even want to answer us when we asked her how rehearsals was going", Tori says.

"Which is the exact reason you should comfort her", Andre says.

"Look, I've been in plenty situations where I poked my nose in someone else's business to offer my support, and each time they went completely crazy on me and I wanted me to leave them alone, I'm not putting myself through that again", Tori says, "When Cat's ready to talk she will".

Andre nods.

"I guess I have to respect that", Andre says.

Tori takes a deep breath.

"Wait aren't you suppose to be having drinks with Beck and his actor buddies?", Tori asks.

"Yes, but I forgot my wallet so I had to come back", Andre says walking over and grabbing his wallet.

"And now you're gone again", Tori says.

"Yep, you need anything while I'm out", Andre asks turning to him.

"Uh yeah actually", Tori says grabbing her purse and pulling out a small piece of paper.

She walks over to Andre and hands it to him.

"Uh, what's this?", Andre asks taking the paper.

"It's the stuff I need", Tori says.

Andre examines the paper.

-Milk

-Eggs

-Butter

-Bread

-Peanut Butter

-Jelly

-Water

"This is a grocery list", Andre says turning to her quickly.

"I know, but I really need it", Tori states, "Please".

Andre takes a deep breath.

"You want me to go get this now and bring it back?", Andre asks.