Chapter 16: Slapped By Reality

Tori and Andre sit in silence. Andre stares at Tori and Tori stares off into space. 

"Andre, what am I suppose to do?", Tori asks

Andre takes a deep breath. 

"I don't know Tori", Andre says.

"I honestly thought we had a hit", Tori says looking at him.

"We had a hit Tori, but like I said the record label just wasn't into a pop singer right now", Andre says.

Tori stands up.

"Then let's make me reggae artist", Tori says.

"How I love your enthusiasm, there's so much wrong with you being a reggae artist", Andre says.

"There's got to be something we can do, I can't start over again, I just can't", Tori says her eyes starting to fill with water. 

"Tori this isn't the end of the world, we can figure something else out", Andre says.

"That's easy for you to say, You have a successful career, everyone surrounding me does, This was my last shot at success, do you even know what happened to me after college?", Tori asks.

"No, but I'm listening", Andre says.

"After I graduated, I was approached with 3 different record deals, I was thrilled, everything I worked hard for had fallen in to place. But like this record deal, they all fell through. I was so devastated my parents bought me a manager to figure out why so many doors were being slammed in my face. Turns out, the industry doesn't like when you crash a live ceremony and perform.", Tori says.

"The Platinum Music Awards", Andre says taking a deep breath.

"Yep, so we tried independent music but after the National Anthem Fiasco", Tori says.

"When the dog drug you up and down, and up and down, and up and down", Andre starts.

"I get it", Tori says.

"Sorry", Andre says.

"After that debacle, no one took me serious as an artist, I was blackballed and un-liked, and on top of that my parents could no longer fund me, so I packed up my stuff moved to Santa Maria and being singing at a run down restaurant and living with a group of college students, so when I say this was my last opportunity it was", Tori says.

"It has to be something I can do", Andre says. 

"No, you've done all you can do, I'm a lost cause", Tori says standing, "So I'm gonna go soak my sorrows in the bath tub with a can of frosting".

"Tori...", Andre says softly.

"Thanks for trying", Tori says giving Andre a kiss on the cheek and walking upstairs.

Andre takes a deep breath, and lays his head back on the couch.

Over at the Auditions, Cat and Robbie sit to the side, Cat has her head laid on Robbie's shoulder crying.

"I don't know what happened, I was saying my lines and then all of a sudden I was bent over on the floor puking", Cat says.

"It was the bibble", Robbie says.

"What?", Cat asks.

"You got sick because you ate that old bag of bibble", Robbie says.

"Darn my bibble addiction, I just couldn't help it, it was so good", Cat says.

Robbie laughs softly. 

Suddenly Montgomery comes out of the room, holding envelopes with everyone's names on it. He walks around handing them out, when he gets to Cat and Robbie he gives them each a letter then gives Cat a soft smile before walking away.