Chapter 1- New School, Same People

Tears spill down his delicate cheeks, staining the grass below you.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Promise promise??"

"I promise promise."

"Order for Y/N!" The barista shouts your name, causing you to turn your head. You quickly rush up, grabbing your escape to this long ass day. You take a sip, the hot/cold liquid instantly soothing your throat.

"Hey hurry up!! I wanna get there already!" Sasha shouts your name, waving eagerly to you. She holds a milk carton in one hand, and a muffin in the other. Her face is littered with crumbs, as she was munching just minutes earlier. You hurriedly shuffle out behind the group as you rush onto the streets. Connie decided to stop your focus all for coffee. Like his hyper ass needs any more caffeine. No wonder he and Sasha are best friends. They cannot sit still to save their lives.

"So, Y/N. How do you feel about meeting your new roommate?" Armin looks over to you, his blue eyes sparkling in the sun. He happily walks, smiling as his green tea bounces around in his hands.

"Terrified. I swear if I got paired with some dude I'm gonna lose my shit." You groan, running your hand down your face, slightly tugging at your eye.

"Hey!! Ain't nothing wrong with rooming with guys, right Sasha!!" Connie exclaims. Sasha scoffs in between her eating.

"Why do you think me and Mikasa are sharing a dorm?" She blurts, before returning to eating. Connie begins to grit his teeth, spitting out nonsense words in response to her bluntness. You all giggle at him, continuing to walk down the sidewalk. You begin to see the huge apartment buildings in the distance. Your U-Haul awaits your return, along with your luggage. You have been dreading this day, but can't escape from it anymore. Starting Uni is scary, but exciting. There are new freedoms, but those are weighed down by, well, being independent. You naturally have always been independent, but have always had someone watching over you. Now, that influence is gone.

"Shut it, Horse-face!" You hear Connie bicker, snapping you out of your train of thought. You peek behind your shoulder and notice Connie and Jean practically at each other's throats.

"Hey! Knock it off you two! We're almost there!" You shout, tired of hearing them argue for the 20th time in the past 30 minutes. They both quiet down, but still exchange glances and elbow hits to each other. You guess it can't be helped. You return to your cars, which are parked next to the U-Haul. Mikasa goes through her pocket and pulls out her and Sasha's apartment keys.

"Room number 356-C." She mutters. Sasha looks over her shoulder, expecting to see some grand number. However, it's just an average key.

"Ah so you guys are building C... Bummer, we're building A." Connie sighs, beginning to pull packages out of the back of the truck. Jean stands next to him, doing the same.

"I'm in the same as you!" Armin beams, looking at Mikasa and Sasha. They all do a slight happy dance, before looking over your way. You sigh, lowering your head down.

"B." You mutter. They all groan in sadness. "But it's fine. I'm still going to randomly show up as I please." You grin, as you begin to unlock your car.

"OW, Connie, you fucking stepped on my toe!" Jean shouts. You sigh, slamming your car door shut. Here we go again.

︶꒦︶꒷︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶꒷꒦

A/N:

Hey everyone!! Sorry this chapter is hella short, but I'm probably gonna release in batches of chapters, so hopefully that makes up for it.

I'm used to writing the POV from an actual character, not an ambiguous person, so lmk how I do and leave feedback in the comments :) this is my first xreader fanfic so bear with me.

Also as a side note:
︶꒦︶꒷︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶꒷꒦ represents the end of the Chapter and the Authors note

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈• represents a time skip

° ∆ -------- ••• ------- ∆ ° represents a point of view change (I will usually say who's PoV or of who it is viewing)

It may seem confusing at first but it should slide easily once it's read