Chapter 7- Catching Up

I stare into his deep forest eyes, feeling the tension and heat build between us. I let out a slight gasp as his hand removes from my body, causing me to unexpectedly slump back. 

"Haha sorry. I get kind of weird when I'm tired." Eren retracts, shielding away his face from me. I slightly pout, wishing I had returned the gesture, but I was too in awe. I had no idea what words to say and what would be fitting. He stands up, holding his hand out to help me up to. I carefully take it, lifting up off the floor. He shuffles out of the kitchen, looking back behind his shoulder to me. "I'm going to take a shower, so I'll see you when I finish." He notes, practically zooming off once he tells me. I feel worry flood over me. I really hope I didn't upset him. I'll try and reciprocate it to him in some way. As I hear the shower turn on, I hop on the couch, trying to kill some time. Wow... Comfy... I melt into the couch, feeling the lush fabric nuzzle my skin. I lay for a few minutes, absorbing the peace and quiet, with the faint sound of water running. After who knows how long, I hear a door burst open. I prop my head up in surprise, the sudden noise startling me. I look over and see Eren walking out of the bathroom. S-shirtless!!! My face burns as my eyes lace onto his stomach. He's littered with abs, and his arms show off intense muscle too. I burry my face into a pillow, trying to hide my embarrassment. Why does he have to have such a nice body...!

"Was this your shampoo?" He blankly asks. This makes my blush turn off, as I pop up again. He holds my (shampoo brand) bottle in his hand. My jaw drops as I gasp. 

"You thief!!" I exclaim, pointing at him. He gently laughs, walking into the bathroom and then coming out without the shampoo. 

"Hey, it smelled nice, I couldn't control myself. I love strawberries." He grins, and as I notice his sneer I remember his state. I look away, not daring to look at the shampoo stealer in front of me. "Speaking of strawberries... Let's go grocery shopping tomorrow!" He exclaims. I raise my eyebrow, looking in his direction. 

"Groceries?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Uh duhhh!! We are foodless!!! We're gonna starve!" Eren dramatically places the back of his hand on his forehead, leaning on the end of the couch. I roll my eyes, but can't help my smile. 

"How are we going to even afford it?" I ask. I haven't found a job yet and I doubt he has either. He doesn't strike me as the "job" kind of person. But instead of contemplating my worry he just slightly laughs. "What is so funny?" I scoff.

"My godfather is like filthy rich, Princess. We're good to buy some groceries." He gently lifts my chin up to his face. I flush, seeing how close we are to each other. He smirks, and then retracts, heading back to his room. "8 AM tomorrow, you and me have a date to the store." He winks to me, before entering inside his room. I sigh, rolling my eyes. What a piece of work. 

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

My eyes gently flutter open to the sound of creaking. I blink through the darkness, trying to figure out what it was I just heard. 

"Shh shh. Go back to bed." I hear a deep voice say, followed by my bed indenting towards the bottom side. I feel a gentle, sweet cologne hit my nose, followed by a hand carefully pulling my body back down into the bed. 

"Huh... Wha...?" I try to question it, but am immediately shushed again. A warm pair of arms wrap around me, and without the smallest thought, I drift off into deep sleep.

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

Rays of light shine into my eyes as I gently open them. I pull my torso up, to stretch out my arms, but feel myself being tugged down. I look to my waist and see a pair of arms firmly holding me. I look to the source and see Eren peacefully sleeping next to me. His chest gently rises and falls, as his hair showers over his face. He looks so peaceful... I smile to myself, not daring to wake him from his slumber. I check my phone and see it's 7:25 AM. I probably should get ready now. I gently try to squirm out of his arms, trying my best to not wake him. I jump when a groan emits from his mouth, and he tightens his grip on my waist, pulling me closer into him.