Chapter 12 - What to Do, My Roommate's Mother Decided I'll be Her Daugher-in-law

Chapter 12 – What to Do, My Roommate’s Mother Has Decided That I’ll be Her Daughter-in-Law.

*****

“I was visiting City A,” Xu li Xia smiled prettily. “Then I remembered that your college seemed to be in City A as well, so I decided to take a look. Seems like your dormitory’s environment isn’t too bad, is this your boyfriend?”

Xiao Nian pulled the stunned Wei Ru Song towards him, automatically drying his hair for him.

“He’s my roommate and faculty senior.”

Xu Li Xia stood up and held her hand towards Wei Ru Song.

“Hello, I’m Xu Li Xia, I’m Xiao Nian’s mom.”

“Nice, nice to meet you!” It was as though Wei Ru Song was woken from a dream, he wiped his hand carefully on his t-shirt a few times before carefully shaking Xu Li Xia’s hand, her skin was like silky, smooth and tender, she definitely did not look like she was nearly 50, with a son. “I’m Wei Ru Song, I’m Xiao Nian’s roommate.”

“Hahaha,” Xu Li Xia could not help but laugh loudly, her laugh lines accidentally exposing her age. “You’re really cute, don’t regard me as an outsider, just call me mom.”

Wei Ru Song wanted to ask why, but did not dare to do so, and also did not dare to call her mom. He was afraid that by doing so, his father would have to kneel on the washing board till his knees rotted, and so looked to Xiao Nian to solve the dilemma.

“Mom, don’t tease him.”

“Why?” Xu Li Xia’s startled expression was exactly like Xiao Nian’s. “Aren’t the two of you dating?”

“Ah?”

– Haven’t the rumours stopped? How could their parents have heard about them!

“What’s so surprising?” Xu Li Xia’s gaze turned meaningful, she considered Wei Ru Song who was wearing Xiao Nian’s t-shirt with a towel on his head, then glanced at Xiao Nian who was only wearing a pair of pants. “Ok fine I know, kids these days, it’s fine, I’ve always been very open-minded. You have to be nice to him, don’t bully him, ok? If not I’ll beat you when you come home.”

What a rare occasion to see all these expressions flitting through Xiao Nian’s face, he wrinkled his brow about to speak, but was interrupted by Wei Ru Song.

“No, sister, Junior doesn’t bully me, Junior is very nice to me, he’s really concerned about me, we get along very well together.”

“Wow! Seriously?” Xu Li Xia looked surprised, just like a cute and playful 18 year old pretty girl. “Do you know, Xiao Nian is an oppressive tyrant at home!”

“Really?!” Wei Ru Song side-eyed Xiao Nian. “He’s so tyrannical?!”

“Mom,” Xiao Nian was embarrassed. “If there’s nothing else you better leave now, I still have classes later.”

“Then does Ru Song have classes?” Xu Li Xia affably held Wei Ru Song’s hands. “If you don’t let mom treat you to lunch, I’ll let you many childhood stories of Xiao Nian, you don’t be fooled by his current image, he’s actually very naughty!”

“No I don’t, but…” Wei Ru Song felt that Xiao Nian was not too happy. “Junior doesn’t seem very willing…”

“Don’t bother about him,” Xu Li Xia clasped onto Wei Ru Song’s neck, her high heels clacking on the floor. “Come, a mother-in-law bringing her daughter-in-law out for fun is very ordinary.”

“Wait wait wait mom mom mom mom-” Wei Ru Song’s neck was gripped to the point where he felt a little breathless, and ended up urgently calling her mom. “I’m not wearing any pants! Wait wait wait I can’t lose my virtue this way!”