Chapter 19 - What to Do, My roommate came to my house to meet my dad

Chapter 19 – What to Do, My Roommate Took the Initiative to Come to My House and See My Dad.

*****

Wei Ru Song watched the history of his life flash past him, but for some unknown reason it was showing him and his dad Wei Yang Hai, first he was carried by his dad to practice Wang Ba Fist, the actions like a monkey, then his dad got into position and threw a fist at Wei Ru Song, unprepared Wei Ru Song was punched and flew backwards, then Wei Yang Hai pulled Wei Ru Song up from the ground, threw an arm around his shoulder and started drinking beer. Wei Ru Song boldly drank a glass.

“Dad, it’s not that I’m bragging to you, I saved a person’s life, somebody’s life!”

“Not bad, kiddo you’re pretty resilient.”

“No, not really,” Wei Ru Song proudly clinked his glass against Wei Yang Hai’s, and emptied it in one shot. “The other person is very skilled.”

“You’re skilled too,” Wei Yang Hai smiled. “To live honourably and to die gloriously, not bad not bad, you’ve made the Wei family proud.”

“Heheh…” Wei Ru Song bashfully rubbed his head, the next second his eyes opened widely. “Wait wait wait wait, what living honourably and dying gloriously? Who the hell died?!”

Wei Yang Hai gently caressed Wei Ru Song’s head.

“Yes, silly child, you’ve- died!”

Wei Yang Hai’s exclamation had sprayed Wei Ru Song’s face with saliva, Wei Ru Song leapt up from the bed in fright and got into the first position of Wang Ba Fist.

“Who the hell died!”

“…” Xiao Nian, sitting by the bedside, silently turned his head.

“…” The training nurse who was trying her best to flirt with Xiao Nian was shocked speechless.

“Great! Great! You’re finally awake!”

A man in a black suit hurriedly came over and held onto Wei Ru Song’s hands, looking at him emotionally, struggling to free his hands but failing to do so, Wei Ru Song could only smile at him.

“Heheh, heheh…”

“Regarding this lift incident we’re very sorry about it, luckily you were not injured too badly, the lift fell to the 3rd floor before it was held up by the backup safety cable.” The man was very sincere, his face apologetic, “We will compensate you 10 thousand dollars for this trauma, is that ok with you?”

Wei Ru Song heard the ring of a jackpot machine. 10 thousand! 10 thousand! This would not only cover his school fees for 4 years of college, but probably he could also screw in the presidential suite for 5 days! This was essentially earned with his blood! Wei Ru Song wished that he would experience another lift incident like this, another 10 thousand dollars there would be enough in his marriage fund. However, Wei Ru Song did not want to show that he was a materialistic poor person, he pretended to ignore the man who was smiling like a fortune cat, and crooked his finger towards Xiao Nian. Xiao Nian leaned over.

“Hmm?”

“Do you think 10 thousand dollars is worth it, should we ask for more? Is there a scam somewhere?”

“…”Xiao Nian thought for a moment and shook his head. “Not worth it.”

“Eh why?” Wei Ru Song felt a little pleased, seemed like to Xiao Nian his life was of some value. “You mean we would get more if we sued them instead?”

“Since their lift had a problem, it clearly shows that there is an issue with their safety, this time we were lucky, but an investigation needs to be done.” Xiao Nian was stern. “Even if the possibility of this happening is tiny, nearly minuscule, it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen again.”