Chapter 13 - What to Do, I'm in a Hotel Room With My Roommate

Chapter 13 – What to Do, I’m in a Hotel Room With My Roommate.

*****

Wei Ru Song was now in an awkward situation, having sobered up, even if he dug out his courage he did not dare to agree, but to disagree would make him look feeble, after consideration Wei Ru Song decided that silence was golden. He must have been poisoned by the alcohol to climb onto Xiao Nian’s bed, time to escape…

Wei Ru Song wanted to leave as though nothing had happened, but was forcefully dragged back by Xiao Nian, he fearfully clasped his backside.

“Don’t play punk I’m going to shout!”

“Shush, sleep.”

“Xiao Nian hugged the Wei Ru Song who stank of alcohol, his even exhalations hitting Wei Ru Song’s neck, entering his flesh and blood. Wei Ru Song was dizzy in the dark, it was as though there was a balloon in his head, repeatedly expanding and bursting non-stop.

“What!”

Wei Ru Song was now in the state of extreme nervousness, a word from Xiao Nian would make him tense up immediately.

“You stink of alcohol, go wash up quickly.”

“You’re criticising me?!” Wei Ru Song was now acting like an unreasonable sassy girlfriend. “You’re actually criticising me, I’ll stink you to death!”

Wei Ru Song opened his mouth and exhaled all over Xiao Nian’s face, Xiao Nian’s eyes burned and teared up, he rudely squashed Wei Ru Song’s cheeks into a goldfish again.

“Do you believe that I’ll kiss you?”

“I don’t believe!”

His courage bolstered by alcohol, Wei Ru Song stiffened his neck for barely 1 second only to see Xiao Nian’s lips descending. He was frightened into escaping, covering his lips, “I believe, I believe, Brother Nian I was wrong, I was wrong, I’ll go shower now, I’ll go now.”

Wei Ru Song scurried off the bed and took a shower, sobering up, leaving Xiao Nian to lie on the bed full of the scent of Wei Ru Song. He was unable to fall asleep, feeling as though Wei Ru Song was still next to him, it was really– too smelly! Xiao Nian silently vowed to wash the entire set of bedclothes tomorrow.

11/11 this year happened to be a holiday, the two evidently single men could only stay in their room playing video games. – All these single men fighting each other, time to wake up, Comrades! We cannot continue in this manner! We are all in the same situation, why should we fight amongst each other? Why can’t we fight against all the couples other there? Why is it that on 11/11 we can only be mocked and laughed at? Why should the restaurants only have discounts for couples?! Our brotherhood is higher than the sky, deeper than the sea, how could it be damaged by all you damn couples out there!
(T/N: 11/11 is also known as Singles’ Day in China)

“Junior, let’s go! We’ll go hike Mt. Maple!”

“Don’t try to avoid the consequences of losing 5 battles to me in a row,” Xiao Nian, after spending so much time with Wei Ru Song, also had the occasional habit of cracking cold jokes. “Please display your responsibility of being a man.”

“It’s only a game, just for fun,” Wei Ru Song sneakily pinched Xiao Nian’s face. “Let’s go, we’ll go to Mt. Maple, spend a night there, and have kiln-baked chicken the next afternoon!”

Wei Ru Song ran to pack his bag, Xiao Nian laughed when he saw his enthusiasm.

“Did you plan this on the spot?”

“Of course not.”

Although Wei Ru Song looked like an impulsive person, but this was not actually the case. When he was dating Chen Xuan Xuan, he had already planned and scheduled all trips for their 4 years in college, if not for breaking up at the start of the semester, he would also have planned their honeymoon trip.