Chapter 49

Third Person POV

Kassandra and Ravanna had been dozing in and out of sleep, until one heard movement in the room.

Kassandra looked over and saw two people. One she recognized almost immediately, Lucifer. The other she hadn't seen before, a woman. She looked to be around the same age as Lucifer, they moved in the same graceful way as they went about what they were doing.

They hadn't seemed to realize that she was awake. She watched as they replaced items, organizing them in a manner that was lost to her, and holding a small conversation - about what she couldn't quite discern.

She closed her eyes for a few more moments, taking in the pain that her body was still in. She focused on her breathing, just as she has done before: stay calm and don't panic- take note of your surroundings, are you safe? 

She breathed in, yes, she was safe, there was no immediate threat. 

She breathed out, is there anyone with you? 

She breathed in again, yes, from what she had seen Lucifer and another woman were in the room and she could feel Ravanna still next to her, she breathed out. 

She continued this cycle as she took note of her injuries, and assessed whether she was able to move or not. When she tried, she must have let out a small whimper as both Lucifer and the woman turned and began to move towards her.

"Kassandra?" Lucifer softly called.

She opened her eyes, and startled a bit, she wasn't expecting them to be right beside her.

"Sorry," the woman said, "we didn't mean to scare you."

Kassandra looked at her, "That's ok," she said hoarsely.

The woman was quick to move to the night stand by the bed and pour a cup of water from the pitcher. She turned back to Kassandra and regarded her position before asking, "is it ok if I help you?"

Kassandra's eyes widened in surprise before looking to Lucifer for assurance, he gave her a small but genuine smile, very different from when she first met him, and nodded.

She looked back to the woman who was waiting patiently and said, "ok".

The woman smiled and gently slid her hand behind Kassandra's head and tilted it forward in order to help her drink.

Kassandra took small sips and continued to do so until the cup was empty, the woman had made a gesture, clearly asking Kassandra if she wanted more but she shook her head.

She looked at the woman and again for a moment, debating whether or not she should ask who she is. Kassandra turned her head toward Ravanna to see if she could help her situation but she appeared to still be sleeping.

"She's been out for a while," the woman said "you both have."

Kassandra's eyebrows furrowed, "Is she ok? Was she hurt? Was it my fault? Please, is she-"

"She's alright," Lucifer provided this time " we didn't mean to worry you."

Kassandra relaxed and when she did she noticed that the woman had an affectionate smile on her face.

"You truly care for her don't you?" Her voice was soft and her eyes already knowing, but Kassandra answered anyway.

"Yes."

The woman had a pleased smile and she looked content, but Kassandra cast a questioning look to Lucifer.

His eyes widened quite comically before he gently nudged the woman with his elbow. She looked over to him to see him tilt his chin towards Kassandra.