Chapter 12

Kassandra's POV

I lift my head from Ravanna's neck and turn to the car she's bought.

It's the same model as the one my mother and I were working on.

I remember how we would work on it the moment we'd finished my homework.

We'd run to the garage and take out our tool box, not having the smallest idea of what we were doing. Having to work through trial and error for the simplest parts to work.

I remember how we'd get oil all over ourselves, how we'd laugh together for hours on end, how my father would stand in the doorway and just watch us with smile while spouting on about how we had to wash up before dinner.

I miss those days.

When life was simple.

Not the harsh reality that it's become.

Would my mother have accepted me for who I am?

Would things be different if she was still here?

I let my mind run it's course as I laid my head on Ravanna's collarbone.

"Can I drive?" I hear myself say.

She chuckles and says, "Do you have your license?"

I lift my head to look at her, "Do you?" I say while raising my eyebrow.

She smiles softly at me, "No."

Our smiles widen before we start laughing  and before she realizes, I place my hands on her cheeks and just... stare.

I look at her chin, how her jawline is pronounced yet so feminine, I follow it with my finger and I hear her inhale sharply as I smile.

From there I trace her lips with my thumb, they're partially open and I can't resist leaning in to kiss them.

It starts building up and I pull away before it does which cause her to chase after my lips, I chuckle as she does.

She huffed as if annoyed and I softly press our lips together for another moment before pulling away again, she hums contently.

I move my thumb to her nose and trace the way it curves at the top, I graze my fingers across her cheeks and she leans into the touch.

I look at her eyes, they remind me so much of a cat.

Her pupils are large but not to the extent that it would draw attention.

I look at the mix of lines that are light green and yellow and I wonder if they can do what cats eyes do.

My goddess smiles at me and blows an amused chuckle through her nose, she holds my hands on her face as if to keep them there and suddenly her eyes change color.

They turn to an angry red like all the blood flowing through her went into her eyes.

I could feel that she was scared of what I thought.

I could feel how scared she was of my reaction.

I smile, transfixed, and lean forward to kiss her eyelids as they close.

I hear her breathe a sigh of relief.

I graze her nose with mine and kiss her.

I pull away when I need to breathe, her eyes struggle to change back to their jaded color and I kiss her cheeks while they do.

I wrap my arms around her neck and brought her head to lay on my shoulder.

We stood there, in each others arms.

"Yes."

I pull away to look at her, confused.

"You can drive."