Chapter 52

I know I keep apologizing but I'm sorry for the long wait. I've just graduated from college this past June and I'm in this state of disbelief. I didn't think that I'd be alive this long, I didn't think I'd make it this far and I definitely didn't think I'd ever see myself walking across that stage. It's just crazy for me. So thank you so much for waiting and as a little gift to you guys for staying with me this long, I think this is the longest chapter I've written lol - I hope it was worth the wait. Also, this chapter has a little something that some of you have literally been begging for you horny motherfuckers. Enjoy 😉

And please be nice, I've never written anything like this before 😅

_______________________

Time is questionable. It could have been days or weeks that have passed as Kassandra continued to heal. She was able to move more freely, without the subject of pain as a hindrance.

Everything felt different, heightened, and sensitive. Especially between her and Ravanna. Things had been changing between them.

The lingering touches, the eye contact, the increasing amount of time they spent in Ravanna's room after she was freed from the infirmary.

It was getting harder to keep her hands to herself.

Everything seemed ... tense. Tense with want. A want of what though?

Kassandra had wanted for nothing, she was being cared for, catered to, and taught the logistics of how the underworld was run. Lucifer and Lilith doted on her, making sure that every question and curiosity was met with encouragement and enthusiasm. 

The seven made Kassandra feel completely and utterly welcome; joking with her, and telling stories of various missions and mishaps. Pranks and dares that had taken place only to be scolded by Ravanna but the ones Ravanna did take part in were few and far - hers were always so brilliantly planned and never expected which made them all the more enticing.

Ravanna would smile, good-naturedly and shake her head as they poked fun at her. She would laugh at their antics.

Right now, Ravanna was sitting beside her. One of her hands rested against her lower back while the other was intertwined with her own hand.

With warm flesh pressing against her it was hard to focus. It wasn't that the touches between them had changed, no, but it seemed that each brush of skin only drew heat from her.

"No, seriously," Lust said, "before you came into the picture Kassandra, Ravanna still spoke to us in old English - all high and mighty- honestly it's been such a relief hearing her speak in a more modern tongue."

"I'm sure she wasn't that bad," Kassandra defended.

"You're right, it was absolutely atrocious," said Pride, "it was like trying to translate an entire language on its own-"

"Literally," Envy cuts in, "thou art such an unblinking idiot" she mocks, " hast thou no shame?"

With that, they all burst into a collective laugh.

Ravanna let out a short laugh and hid her face in Kassandra's shoulder.

At that moment, Kassandra could only think about how Ravanna felt against her. How she smiled, the heat she radiated, how she sounded.

God, especially how she sounded.

The way she laughed when she hid her face against Kassandra, how she could feel the puffs of air on her neck. The breaths that she would let out.

That.

That's what she wanted.

She wanted to hear her, feel her.