Chapter 11

Ravanna's POV

I ushered my love away from that poor excuse of a father. She looked down and held an expression of neutrality. 

Her mind was racing, yet empty all the same. I could hardly depict what she was thinking.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close.

She hardly deserved this treatment. To be vexed with such a father, affronted with supposed friends and her previously lover.

No one did, no one deserve this unwarranted.

God holds his earthly creations to such a light that morals seem to always be discarded when humans come into the equation. It's with bias that only those that God wishes to have in heaven are the only ones that will be there. 

It's so hypocritical. Heaven is supposedly open to all of his creations without exception, should his creation abide by his law -his commandments- they shall be welcomed into the arms of heaven. 

When in reality, only those that display their faith in sacrificial ways are accepted. 

He created beings in his image, so it should be to no one's surprise that most -if not all- hold sinister undertones. 

In his hypocrisy he treats humans as if they can do no wrong but this girl deserves the utmost respect. Not this punishment and trauma that she's received.

I walked her to the car I've bought, a scarlet color vehicle. To the best of my understanding it's 'vintage'. I fail to understand the meaning of such a word only that it's a significantly older model. But it's to my comprehension that this model was loved by my dear Kassandra and her mother as they'd taken to servicing such a vehicle before she abandoned Kassandra.

I open the door and gently guided her in, she complied without fully understanding the motion.

I carefully take the belt function of the car and connect it with its holder before closing the door and move to the driver seat.

I maneuver the car and drive out of the garage.

I look over at her, she still has a vacant look in her eyes but her mind has calmed down.

I reach over and grasp her hand, squeezing it gently.

That seems to break her out of her trance as she turns to me.

Her only thought now being, I'm sorry that I hadn't asked your name.

I slowed the car and pulled over. I turned to her, pulling her hands to my lips and kissed them both.

I scanning her face.

"Should I truly be so vocal about a simple oversight when my beloved referred to myself as 'her goddess' each time I merely crossed her mind?"

Her ears turned a bright red as they do every time she is embarrassed, it was endearing.

I'm sorry you had to meet my dad that way.

I smile sadly and move my hand to her cheek, sliding it to the back of her neck and pull her lips to meet mine.

While we kiss, I can hear how soft she thinks my lips are, how she never wants to pull away, and how safe she feels in my arms.

It makes it impossible to resist her. How could this Katie give her up for someone who was only able to offer her sex? How could that insufferable fool ever fault anyone but herself?

I pull away and look into her eyes, she is such a treasure and she has gone about these passed years of her life not even knowing it.

She is a beauty that has ascended from far above any higher power, blessing undeserving mortals of her presence among them. She has suffered hell on Earth, no thanks to that wretched man that is her father, an unblinking idiot who has no idea the marvel slipping through his grasp.

We sit there, I wait until she looks about herself. It takes her a couple minutes but she does and right away she is looking around like a small child entranced by their surroundings.

She literally vibrates as she unbuckles the seatbelt I had earlier put on and steps out, moving to stand in front of the car.

I get out to follow her, just standing by her while she takes in the vehicles maintenance.

I hear her sniffling and I stare in confusion at how the sniffling stops but I still see tears drip down her face. Then, all of a sudden, she turns and throws herself at into my arms - having me in such a vice grip that I can do nothing but hold her.

She starts sobbing and my heart brakes at her pain.

It takes nothing to wonder about the number of times someone might have had the idea to surprise her.

It does nothing to wonder about how many gifts she has received over the years.

There's no question of it.

But I do question how someone could not partake in the simplicity of this action daily.  The look - such an emotional expression- on her face was so incredibly joyous to witness. To view this indication as living proof that there is an innocent girl who has little experience being the person she had denied instead of the defeated woman that she had become.

I promise to devout every incessant pinnacle of knowledge just for the pleasure of that smile for all of eternity. 

I run my hand through her hair and wonder how her mother could leave her daughter to such a horrible man that defiles her, beats her, degrades her whenever he wants.

A man that represents a monster, the main evil in her life.

His scent is still on her, though barely. A scent of motor oil, harsh smelling soap, and various types of alcohol. It lays underneath the smell of the hospital, despite the showers she was able to take. 

I want it off of her.

I want that scent to be gone. To be washed off completely. For her to be free of anything that might reminder of such a dark period in her life. I want that scent to be erased entirely. I crave to be the only thing she smells of, instead of that wretched man who thinks he has a claim to her merely because of a biological relation.

She has experienced much pain for someone so young. She was a child that was forced to grow up. Because of the neglect from her mother, from her father, because of the love she was omitted, she assumes that she is not worthy of it.

That, is the biggest crime, the most blasphemous surmise. 

I shall wait though, she has been through enough, she hardly deserves a lover who throws themselves onto her. I want to defend her, not be the one she has to defend herself from.

She deserves to be held, to be loved, and cherished.

She deserves to be reminded of her beautiful every second of every day.

I will protect her for all eternity, even at the risk of my own life.

For nothing else matters but her happiness.