Chapter 28

Ravanna's POV

I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

She's an absolute marvel.

She confronted Katie and of that, I couldn't be more proud.

She did the very thing that I had wanted to do, not only did she strike her, she spoke of all the things on her mind.

She showed a confidence that had not before been present, she did not show fear.

She showed strength and the rage within her was slowly starting to unravel.

But I hate that she thinks she's not enough, she is everything and so much more. 

We made our way to class and even though she had gathered quite a crowd, she didn't shrink at their gaze.

She kept moving forward, facing the direction she was leading us instead of looking towards the floor.

She walked with purpose and I found it so utterly captivating. She is so unbelievably beautiful.

I found myself more attracted to her than I already had been. She ignited a raging fire I had no idea could be started.

She still tightly grasped my hand, leading us towards our first class of the day. I followed without complaint, I would follow her to the ends of the earth if she wanted.

I had been so distracted by my love, I had not thought to watch my pathway. Someone gently clipped my shoulder, forcing me to drive my eyes away from my heart, turning my head towards the offender.

The assailant flipped her hair passed that of her shoulder and met my gaze. Any anger I held previously disappeared and turned into undistinguished relief upon the recognition of her face.

Lust.

Her lips crept in a secretive smile as if telling an inside joke.

She let her eyes pass over me to Kassandra's frame and her eyes widened in excitement, her eyes then flickered back to mine and in an instant her smile turned soft and genuine.

We both turned away from each other, facing the direction in which we are supposed to be heading.

My eyes sweep the corridor and I berate myself on not realizing or sensing them before.

Several distinct signatures.

My eyes find two others that meet my gaze, curling their lips - almost in synchronization- in a playful smile and a nod of their head.

They stride through the crowd of students, students who are quick to part from their path in awe.

Pride and Envy.

They cause students to walk into each other as well as trip and stumble. I smile, humans are so easily deceived by beauty, it's an amusing occurrence to witness.

I cannot find the four others that I know are here, hidden within the sea of faces.

They are a force to be reckoned with each one by themselves, but together there's no stopping them.

Lilith had kept her promise.

She sent the seven deadly sins.