Chapter 10

I was in a bit of a daze after the kiss - which my goddess seemed entirely smug about - but when I realized what was going on we were already in the parking garage of the hospital.

"Where are we going?"

I looked towards her only to find a smirk on her face.

She looked towards me only for a second, then looked forward again.

"I believe it to be called, a surprise."

I was really curious seeing as I didn't have a car and I sure as hell couldn't afford one.

"What if I could afford one, would that be so curious mio flore?"

I didn't think of that.

Wait.

"How can you afford a car?"

Her hand still holding mine, she slows her stride to answer, "Lu-"

"Kassandra?"

We stopped walking to turn to whoever called me but as soon as we did I regretted it.

I froze.

"Kassandra, I get calls from the hospital to come pick you up and here you are already leaving?"

I backed into my goddess, trying to put as much distance between her and my father.

Her hand goes to the front of my stomach to pull me into her, "Your protection is unnecessary my dear but I appreciate the gesture," she whispers into my ear.

She speaks up and says, "Yes, Mr. Levette, the hospital did instruct you to pick up your daughter yet you hadn't answered, I took it upon myself to sign her out."

My father stared at her as if he hadn't noticed her before, "Who are you?"

I angled my neck to scan her face at her reply, "My name is Ravanna."

My eyes widened, I hadn't even asked.

Five weeks and I never even thought to ask her name, what the fuck is wrong with me?

I felt her tighten her grip around me, this time with both arms, she whispered sweet nothings in my ear and all I could do was relax against her.

My father looked suspicious at the action, "What are you doing with my daughter."

He started stepping forward and I was startled as I was pushed behind my goddess.

Ravanna.

It sounds so beautiful.

It suits her.

I couldn't see her facial expression but I heard her say, "Kassandra is an adult now in the eyes of the law, with this I believe that she's more than able to make her own decisions, yes?"

My father, in his stained work clothes, tried to intimidate her, "I'm her father you little smartass and as long as she lives under my fucking roof you'll never fucking see her again. Kassandra come here, now!"

His voice echoed throughout the garage like gunshot. It took everything in my not to obey as he pointed to the ground in front of him like I was the dog and he was the abusive owner.

I rested my head in between Ravannas' shoulders, she reached back to stroke my side comfortingly.

"Yes, while you are her father I believe you portray a frighteningly horrid example of one. So as of this moment, my girlfriend will no longer be living with you, you piece of absolute shit."

My head snapped up and my father froze, then curled his lip in disgust, she started pulling me along before he could do anything but not before he said, "You little fucking bitch, I swear to fucking god If I ever see you again, I'll fucking kill you! I will fucking kill you, you hear me Kassandra?!"