Chapter 51

I'm so sorry for the long wait, I had wanted to put out this chapter by new years but that obviously didn't happen. I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday and as always, enjoy!

Third Person POV

Kassandra woke slowly, opening her eyes to the fluorescent light.

Then all at once, she was reminded of her pain.

She let out a sharp inhale at the feeling of her injuries.

She had fallen asleep on her side, luckily not the side with the multitude of stab wounds. But her ribs and arm were screaming at her. Bruises that hurt to move, hurt to touch. Legs and stomach that were sore and tender.

She took deep breaths. One by one, she moved each of her limbs and slowly rotated her body to lay on her back.

Once she was settled, she let out a breath of relief and turned her head to look at Ravanna.

Ravanna was in the same sleeping position that Kassandra was, just facing towards her.

Kassandra smiled.

Ravanna looked so young sleeping. So innocent. Her features were soft and calm. Smooth and pure. Her hair looked unfairly soft, gentle curls that made her want to run her hand through, if did she knew it'd feel like silk.

Kassandra wanted to reach out and trace her features like Ravanna had done time and again. But Kassandra's arms hurt too much to move.

She'd have to settle for just looking.

So she gazed. She gazed with such adoration and such emotion, it felt like her heart couldn't take it.

She wanted to memorize each and every one of Ravanna's features: the curve of her eyebrow, the gentle shape of her nose, the curve of her jawline, the shape of her lips.

She wanted to commit everything to memory.

Eventually, Ravanna's breathing changed. From slow and spaced, to fast and frequent. Her eyes remained closed as she stretched out. Her arms stretching out straight down, as if conscious of the fact the Kassandra was near. Her legs going from bent closely to kicking out and stretching, her feet pointed.

The way Ravanna woke reminded Kassandra of a cat. It was the most precious thing she could ever have witnessed. She hoped that she would be able to see more of them.

And finally, Ravanna's eyes opened, if only slightly, blinking at the sudden light.

Ravanna at seeing Kassandra's stare, let out a brilliant smile. Her teeth brightly lit.

How Kassandra wanted to kiss her.

Ravanna stopped stretching, relaxing her body. With a hand, she reached out and caressed Kassandra's face, brushing away stray hairs that might have interrupted her path.

Her touch was soft and careful. Deliberate.

Her finger tips only just grazing the skin of Kassandra's cheek. Ravanna's gaze grew serious and so focused. She leaned up, putting all her weight on her elbow as she moved as close as she dared to Kassandra. Her touch still soft and caressing as she watched Kassandra from above her.

"I love you, so much," Kassandra whispered.

Ravanna seemed to break out of her thoughts. Her eyes jumped to meet Kassandra's. Her lips slowly tugged into that same brilliant smile as before.

"I love you too."

They stayed that way, just looking, content.

But there was something that suddenly struck Kassandra, a thought.