Chapter 2

After I walked Katie to her classroom, she hugged me hesitantly. I headed towards my first period. On the way there I waved to some people and said hi to some of my favorite teachers.

"Kassandra!" I heard being yelled.

I looked around and saw a lanky tall boy jogging towards me.

"Hey", he said a bit out of breath.

I chuckled, "Hey Oscar."

"Did she tell you?"

I stopped walking and paused.

"Did... who tell me what?"

"She ... didn't.... tell you..." 

"What didn't they tell me, Oscar?"

He looked so angry and for a moment I was scared, he never got angry.

"Kassandra... " 

"What, just tell me."

"Katie.... "

"Katie what? Just fucking tell me." Now I was the one that started to get angry.

"Ok- ok. Katie.... she cheated on you."

I was about to rip him a new one, she would never do that to me. 

And just as I was about to cuss him out, I stopped to think about this morning. 

The bickering between Allison and Katie. 

The hushed whispers. 

The guilty and pointed looks.

Something just felt.... wrong.

When she said my name, it didn't feel the same. 

I looked up at him.

His expression full of agony and worry. 

I saw his mouth moving, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. 

" "

"Kass-"

"Kassandra!"

I couldn't even say anything.

I stood frozen and stared at him wide eyed. 

It seemed that everything from the past twelve hours finally caught up with me; the exhaustion and the pain. 

My heart was breaking and he could see it. 

The first few tears slipped down my face but I refused to let a sob escape my lips.

He looked as if he wanted to offer a hug but I shook my head and forced my way past him and even though I heard my name being called, I made my way back towards Katie's classroom.

The bell rand just as I shot through the door.

"Are you here for something?" Her teacher addressed me.

I didn't particularly care if I got in trouble for this. I needed to know, I needed to hear it from her mouth. I headed straight toward Katie.

She looked startled as she looked at me, "Kassandra, why are you crying, did something hap-"

"Is it true?"

Her eyes widened and it looked like all the color drained out of her face.

"I-is what t-t-true?"

"Katie." I said, I tried to say evenly despite my tears, "Is. It. True."

I could see denile on her lips, "Oscar came to talk to me after I left, Katie, I just need you to tell me."