Chapter 39

I'm so sorry about the long wait, I'm trying to continue writing this book, I don't intend to discontinue it so just please bare with me.

I will also warn ya'll that there is a bit of human gore when it comes to Kassandra's point of view but I don't know if it's considered a trigger for anyone. If it is, make sure to comment so I can make the appropriate warning. Thanks guys!

But as always, enjoy!

Ravanna's POV

I felt my leathered wings rip through the skin of my back as well as my clothing only to snap about me as I charge into the man. Someone who has hurt my love an uncountable amount of times.

It feels as though everything rushes past me as I push forward and as I do so, I hear Lust call out to me, trying to stop what I am about to do.

"Ravanna! No!"

As my hand moves towards his throat, his eyes glow impossibly bright and in such speed that should be unattainable for humans, his hand moves to catch mine. Inches away from his neck and readjusts his body so that mine flies passed his, only to be pulled back by the arm that he caught.

But before I could stand, before I could acknowledge what had just occurred, I was slammed into the door of the chapel with my arm twisted and pressed so violently forward that I was forced to stay still.

"Oh Ravanna, did you really think it'd be that easy? To simply go for the throat and be done with it? Having this human carcass is going to be so fun."

Before I could get a word out, he applied such a significant force that I felt the bones of my arm shift in an unnatural way. Screaming as it happened and feeling him be pulled off of me.

Wrath had quickly made his was towards me as I had briefly caught the image of Lust and Greed trying to keep this .... this angel occupied.

"Brace yourself," was all that was said before my shoulder and arm were snapped back into place. I let out a sharp yelp at the motion and took a breath before I got to my feet.

I looked to the scene before me and analyze as Lust and Greed were trying to keep this possessed man at bay.

They were failing.

Every move to strike him down was countered by a twist of his body. He moved so unnaturally and disappeared and reappeared into existence.

Greed was trying to face him, trying to get close enough to siphon the essence of the angel out of Kassandra's father. This tactic was mute as the angel struck Greed with enough force to crash into the wall behind him.

Lust was twirling gracefully in and out of range when this man reappeared, almost as if she were dancing. As he was distracted, I extend my claws, moving and forcing my legs to run and pounce on his back, holding him in place so that Greed had enough of an opening to grasp the energy of this angel enough to drain him.

Greed had gotten a hold of the lapels of his shirt to steady him as Lust and I forced him to his knees.

But just before anything could happen, a hand grabbed my throat and used enough force to fling me forward.

I was tossed in the direction of a statue which had broken and crumbled with my impact. Moments after I landed, Lust was thrown in the same direction and fell on the floor besides me.

We were both panting, trying to force ourselves to heal from the bruising that would most likely cover our bodies.

"I thought you said that they could do us no harm here?" I said, angered.