Chapter 50

Third Person POV

The room fell silent and eyes widened with surprise. Lilith and Lucifer glanced at each other, unsure of how to even begin to unravel the true depth of the problems each Kassanda and Ravanna were facing.

Lucifer sighed, looking hesitant. His lips pursed in what looked to be pain. Kassandra met his eyes, raising an eyebrow. His mouth opened but still nothing was said.

Lilith finally began to speak but it was far from what Kassandra wanted to hear.

"I understand that you have many unanswered questions and we will provide all the information that you wish to know. But I think Lucifer and I need to discuss quite a few things before we relay that information to you."

Kassandra looked as if she was going to protest but Lilith was already pulling Lucifer out into the hallway.

She quietly closed the door behind her and faced her companion.

They looked at each other with a grim expression.

"Kassandra... that poor girl... she's has experienced so much- too much. I cannot in my right mind tell her what she might be faced with in the future."

Lucifer raised his hand to Lilith's face, caressing her cheek with his knuckles, "I know, my dear, believe me."

Lilith closed her eyes, to Lucifer's surprise, tears fell and made their way down her cheek only to land on his hand. He gently wiped them away and leaned forward to place a kiss on her forehead. When he pulled away he whispered, "She has lost so much in such a small amount of time-"

"Loss in an inept word for what that God has put her through, he has forced her to make sacrifices over and over as if her losses were necessary to win a war only he was fighting."

Lilith's voice was thick with emotion and she let out an unexpected sob. And another. And another.

More came and she was unable to stop.

"She's just a child Lucifer!" Lilith could hardly breathe and Lucifer could only take her into his arms as she started to hyperventilate.

It was quite a while until she calmed, Lucifer doing his best to comfort her. Her held her close to himself, drawing soothing circles into her back as her tears came to a stop.

Her breathing began to even out and he was slightly startled when she spoke again.

"She's only a child," she whispered.

Lucifer moves to reply but was interrupted when the door to the infirmary opens to reveal Ravanna, they moved to let her step into the hallway and she closed the door behind her.

She looked at both of them, her nose flaring in annoyance. But then her expression became calm, "Kassandra seems to be very ...  frustrated and ... angry almost. I fear that she may be reaching her limit soon if she has not already."

Ravanna paused briefly before she continued, "At the school, she inquired about certain happenings that involved her, and I told her that I would lay rest to all her questions at a later date."

She looked to Lucifer with a determined expression, "My king, it has long passed since 'later'."

He looked to Lilith, who could only stare at Ravanna. But when she did meet his eyes, he only saw defeat as she nodded.

He slowly turned back to Ravanna, who was looking at him expectantly. He smiled softly, "You shouldn't be out of bed yet, you should still be resting."

Her brows furrowed in irritation but before she could speak, Lucifer continued, "Let us get you back to your love and then... then we'll start to tell her all that she needs and more, hm?"