Chapter 25

Kassandra's POV

"Wake up, my love."

I didn't want to open my eyes, I was afraid to. What if I woke up and last night had just been a dream?

I was in a bundle of blankets and their warmth felt as if they could continuously lull me back to sleep. I was laid against the most comfortable bed, one that was soft and molded to anyone who laid on it.

These past couple years, I had never had such a luxury as to sleep in a bed this comfortable. The one I had was just a spring mattress, one that made your back stiff and when you stood up your back would crack numerous times before it finally felt ok to move around.

After a while, I had gotten used to it. But this feeling, waking up to someone that cares about me... I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

"Kassandra."

I felt a gentle caress, fingers tracing across my skin without friction.

"My love."

Kisses were placed upon my cheek as well as my brow. I felt the breath of one a hair away from my lips but it quickly changed it's course to that of my nose.

"Please wake up, my darling, I wish to see your eyes."

I forcibly tugged myself from the state of sleep and finally opened my eyes though barely.

The first thing that they were laid upon was the soothing color of Ravanna's irises. Lines of yellow and green - a jaded color that I will never get tired of. A smile that is soft and alluring, one that makes my heart stop every time.

"Good morning, my heart."

I smile and wonder if last night had been real, if she actually said she loved me.

She moved towards me and tried to wrap her lips around mine. I turned away. She looked at me, confused and searched my eyes.

My breath is probably not the best right now...

She let out a small smile and rolled her eyes.

Like I care.

She straddled my hips and used both of her hands to keep my face in place and caught my lips with such force, such demand I almost groaned at the sensation.

I met each kiss until I had no air left if my lungs. I turned my head away from her so that I could breathe. Ravanna didn't mind as her kisses moved to my neck and I felt whatever heat I had move to the base of my stomach.

I felt wonderful, the feeling of her lips on my skin made my breath quicken but she pulled away and moved her lips towards my ear.

She whispered, "I love you."

I turned to look at her and felt tears collect at the corners of my eyes. It wasn't a dream.

"No, my sweet Kassie, it was not."

She lifted her hand towards my face and wiped away the tears that had made their way down my cheeks.

She moved closer to me and whispered, "I am going to say that I love you every moment that we have together. I will say it in the comforts of our home," a kiss was laid on my cheek, "while on the road," she moved to my other cheek, "and in public." She moved to my lips and placed a gentle kiss upon them.

"I will say it in the most inappropriate places, I want to say it so much that one day you will no longer cry at the mention of those words because you will be so used to hearing it."

Even though she wanted me to stop crying, her words only made me cry harder.

Though one of her words barely processed in my mind and I felt laughter bubble inside me, "Kassie?"

She tilted her head almost shyly, "I thought that I might try it out, if you wish for me not to call you that then I shall stop."

Her hands are still at my face and I feel more tears start to slip out, "It's not that, it's just... that's what my mom would call me."

Her facial expression showed one of understanding and before she could say anything more, I spoke, "I miss hearing that, of all the things that I miss about my mom that's the biggest one- not being called Kassie."

We're both quiet and I can feel her yearning sadness for me.

She looked hesitant for a moment as if unsure, "Kassie?"

I smiled at her hesitance and nod.

Her lips lifted into an utterly stunning smile, one that showed her teeth- an unbelievably bright grin.

She kissed me once more before she had a mischievous look on her face, "Well Kassie, I believe it is time to get ready for school."

Ugh.