Chapter 9

My goddess surprised me with a stack of fresh clothes.

I went to get changed in the bathroom as she waited outside. I looked at myself in the mirror and a girl I barely recognized stood there.

I wasn't grossly thin, I had filled out just a bit.

I looked at my face, there weren't anymore grotesque bruises, I had healed quite nicely.

I took off the hospital gown and looked at the still very present scars, I sighed, they'll always be there.

I quickly dressed into a fitted dark green long sleeved shirt and simple black jeans, shoes that weren't my ratty and ripped converse. I didn't know where she got these clothes from, they were nothing like anything I've worn before.

I looked .... nice.

I heard the door click open, my goddess stepping in, "Your appearance can be described with a much more fit word than 'nice', mio flore, you look absolutely divine".

I looked at her through the mirror, her arms wrapping around my middle and her lips barely brushing my ear.

I felt shivers go down my spine.

I looked away from the mirror.

She was lying.

I feel, rather than see her freeze.

Shit, wait, I didn't mean-

"Have I not built enough trust with you, Kassandra, to insinuate that I am anything but truthful?"

I couldn't breathe, this was the first time that she's said my name with a bite to it and while it sounded amazing coming from her lips, it didn't feel right, I didn't mean to say that she was lying, I just-

I broke into a sob, I ran out of the bathroom and moved to run out of the room but suddenly, I was stopped as she somehow appeared in front of me.

I felt her arms go around me in a vice grip, she hugged me close to her chest and I didn't understand, I just insulted her, why is she doing this?

"I understand that you might view yourself in a certain way, thus it may take you some time to actually come to terms with my affirmations as well as affection. But let me be transparent in saying I will never lie to you. I do apologize for using such a tone with you, that was not my intention."

Her arms tightened around me, as if to hold me together.

She held me and my breaths' became less erratic and more steady.

 So I put my arms around her waist and laid my head in the crook of her neck and just stayed there until my soft cries stopped.

Her hand started playing with my hair as if it's sole purpose was to soothe me.

My breathing calmed down but... I didn't want to let go.

"You're completely welcome to refrain."

I moved to pull back, so that I could look at her but before I could she spoke, "Your wish as to not let go, we can speak this way."

I'm sorry.

"I'm sorry."

"I know." She stays silent for a moment then.

It will take a while, she's right, but I don't think that I'll ever believe it.

"You shall, with time."

No, I don't think I will.

She pulls away and when she does I feel cold, like she took all the warmth with her, she tilts my head up towards her.