♡You're Interesting When It Is Just Us Two♡

"Hey, you, I don't like your girlfriend."

Song: 'Girlfriend' by Avril Lavigne.

♡♡

Chelsy

It was Saturday, and after convincing my Mom that I needed new bras, we made our way to the Mall to get some. I think one of the reasons why I probably got stood up is because my breasts were not appealing enough, courtesy of the stupid training bras I had been wearing since I started growing buds. It's annoying that I don't have enough boobs like some other girls. Puberty, what have I ever done to you?

My mother decided to come along with me and grab a few stuff for herself. We always did stuff like this as a daughter and mother get-together. It was corny but hella fun sometimes, when she wasn't coaching me about sex and all those awkward topics. It's the only time she could get her messages across without Max's comments about how weird girls' bodies are and how I shouldn't think about having sex until I am forty. Yeah, forty. Now these 'educational' discussion usually ends with Max and I quarreling because just so you know, my brother is super annoying and controlling with very unrealistic expectations and beliefs.

"So honey, tell me more about this Brad guy," My mother began as she drove down the street to the mall in town.

My mother always tried to be the 'cool' mom but she had no idea how cringy it felt like half the time I'm like: please stop.

And this was definitely not my favorite topic considering how he stood me up last night. I preferred her usual annoying ones such as sex and periods. I think those were more tolerable for today.

"Uh, there is really nothing much to know or tell..." I began tugging at a loose thread on my jeans shorts.

She rolled her eyes playfully with a smile. "Don't be shy. I won't judge."

"Well, he's a great swimmer."

"Ooooh, nice, and?"

"And...he's great at hockey too and other sports and..."

Wow that was all I knew about Brad. How could I have liked someone I knew nothing about? I didn't know why I liked him, I just did. If that makes sense.

"Mhm. You seem to not know much about him, do you?" She pointed out, glancing over at me then at the road again.

I sighed. "I just kind of feel like talking about something else."

She smiled. "Okay, honey, but you know no sex, right? Some guys these days only want one thing."

"Yeah, Mom, I know."

She turned into the parking lot of the mall and we got out and closed our doors.

❤*********❤

I grabbed some 'women' bras and underwear from the ladies' section. Finally I was now going to be a part of the world of cuffs and excessive layers of cottons. I turned around to head to my mother who was by the shoe section trying on a pair of sandals, only to bump into someone.

"Sorry."

I looked up to see Nathan.

I swallowed. "Nate."

He was wearing a blue V-neck shirt that hugged his biceps perfectly and denim jeans.

He smiled. "Princess. What 'you doing here?"

"Uh...just—"

His eyes fell to the bras and underwear in my hand and I pushed them behind me swiftly, earning a small titter from him.