♡I Am Sorry♡

"How can you just tell me that it's over but I'll be okay? And why, if i'm amazing, was i not enough to make you stay?"

Chapter Theme Song: 'Invincible' by Nikki Flores.

🍀💔🌼🌸❤💔**🍀

Chelsy

I spun my spoon in my chocolate tea, staring at my reflection in the brown liquid and thinking about the fact that Nathan hadn't even responded to my text yesterday.

I woke up cranky and tired because I twisted and turned all night.

I had no drive for school, I just merely caught my hair in a ponytail, loose strands dangling around my face and wore a blue hoodie and jeans. My eyes were swollen and puffy from crying too much and my nose was still a little red.

Vicky was there having breakfast too but Nathan was missing and I wasn't surprised, Max chased him away.

"Aren't you going to have your breakfast, Chels? You have been twirling your spoon around for quite some time," Mom said as she found her seat and started on her plate of eggs and bacon.

She still hadn't gotten a chance to interrogate me yet mainly because I stayed in my room all night last night and avoided conversations and human communication. Honestly, she must have realized that it was definitely not the perfect timing for her rebukes or lectures. This time, she could sense that I really wanted to be left alone.

I didn't want to talk to anyone unless it was Nathan.

Max looked up at me from his food but didn't say anything before taking his eyes off and continued eating.

We hadn't spoken since yesterday and I hated him at that moment for what he did to Nathan. I had reached my breaking point with his irrational behaviors of acting like my father.

My mom noticed the tension between us and looked from him to me. "Aren't you guys going to explain to me what happened yesterday? Shelly said something and I am still wondering if it's true. Nathan didn't come over today and I am guessing that something is wrong. Chelsy, what exactly happened? And Max, why are you so mute this morning?"

Max shifted in his chair, his jaw clenching. "Nothing except the fact that my friend and my sister betrayed me."

I rolled my eyes. "You didn't have to hit him, Max, you drove him away from me."

Vicky chewed her food while she sat looking from him to me, deciding not to input in a family's quarrel.

"I drove him away?!"

"Yeah by hitting him!"

"Nathan can handle a small beating trust me, he's tougher than he looks, that's nothing compared to how offended I am!"

"That's no excuse to treat him like that, how could you? You ruined everything Max, you chased him away, you're an-!"

"Okay, okay!" My mom raised a palm with a tired face. "Let's talk about this another time when you guys aren't so heated. Please eat your food, you have school."

I sighed and pushed my plate aside, my appetite was completely broken, not that I even had any in the first place. "I am going to school. I'm not hungry."

My mom exhaled deeply. "Chelsy."

"I'm taking the bus," I made known, and Max's face twitched as I stood up from my chair and reached for my bag.

Vicky stuffed her mouth with toast and got up quickly to chase after me.

❤********❤