♡I Just Want To Forget You♡

"Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there. Feeling so high but too far away to hold me. You know I'm the one who put you up there. Name in the sky. Does it ever get lonely?"

Chapter Theme Song: 'Without Me' by Halsey.

🍀🌸🌼❤💋💞💕**🍀

Chelsy

Stupid Nathan.

I was ignorant to have thought that puberty could change someone.

I guess I was vulnerable and naive just as he said.

Apparently I had been wrong about him these past few days. He was still the same annoying, narcissistic boy that I detested so much.

I angrily ran up to my room and threw my pillow aside, then grabbed up the handkerchief he gave me at school to toss in the waste bin. But then I froze as I held it above my head, memories of the day he helped me on the field coming back in painful flashes.

Asshole. I didn't deserve the things he said to me. What on earth did I do to him?

I sat on my mat with it in my hands and cried quietly.

I hated Nathan. He made me become attached to him and then he dropped me like a big bomb.

I wanted to forget about him so bad. I was hurting too much.

I grabbed my cell from my jeans and dialed Brad's number.

Maybe going out with him and agreeing to his offer would make me feel better, right?

I hoped.

"Chels? I was waiting for you to call. I missed you."

I held my forehead and took a deep breath, clutching the phone to my ear. "Can we start over?"

❤********❤

I didn't like Brad that way anymore.

I was sure of it.

Nathan crept into my heart and left no room for him. I felt wrong using him just to forget about Nathan but I wasn't sure of what else to do. I told Vicky about my decision and she just said I should do what I felt was best, as always.

The whole week, I had clutched to Brad at school, and whenever I saw Nathan, I made it obvious that Brad and I were back together by wrapping my arms around his neck or talking louder than needed, but Nathan always seemed to not give a shit.

It made me mad. So mad.

I didn't know if he was secretly affected by it or something because he showed no sign of even giving the slightest damn. Every time my eyes would shift to him just to see if he was watching me in my 'fake' happiness, he seemed unfazed, laughing with his friends or his girlfriend.

And it angered me. I wanted him to care just as much as I did.

I was at my locker, packing my books in when my eyes darted over to Nathan chatting with Elizabeth at the water fountain.

He didn't even look at me. Not once.

"Hey!" A voice snapped me from my thoughts as two strong arms hugged me from behind.

I turned my face to see Brad.

He moved away with a grin. "Interested in a date tonight?"

I tried not to let my eyes look to Nathan while talking to Brad although I was itching to see if he was watching me. I hoped. "Uh yeah, where?"

"Okay, it is epic as shit. Tonight a guy from my year, Jerome, is having a little party at his place, we should go."

"That's your idea of a date?" I asked, a brow raised.

Brad grinned. "Come on Chels, you know if it is just us two I can't control myself."

I sighed. "Okay. Sure, I would have to ask my brother, though."

"Okay, great."

"Don't get your hopes up, he may say no."

He smiled. "If you need me to, I can put in a word."

"Oh no, please. You have no idea how much my brother wants to murder you."

I shut my locker while Brad laughed. "Really?"

"Yeah. Like if we had 'the purge' in real life, you would be the first on his list."

He raised his brows in mock terror. "Woah. Gave me chills."

I laughed. "Okay. So later then?"

Brad nodded. "Yeah. I'll pick you up."

I wanted to get out and have fun and maybe I could forget about Nathan. If that was even possible. But hey, I was willing to try.

Brad walked off and I looked in the direction that Nathan was once in.

He wasn't there anymore.

❤********❤

"No and No!" Max said walking over to his mirror and fitting a shirt on a hanger against his chest.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on, please Max? I really want to go to this party."

"I said no Chels."

I folded my arms. "I could have lied that I am going by Vicky-"

"I know Vicky is not in town."

Oh damn, he knew too much. Vicky was with her grandparents for the weekend which explains why she was not at school that day.

And which explains why my day was long and torturous.

"Regardless I could have lied that I am going somewhere else but here I am, being honest with you and you still say no."

Max seemed deep in thought for a moment then he looked at me with a contemplative face. "Hold on, how many times have you lied saying you are going to X when you are actually going to Y?"

About a million times Max, a million.

I rolled my eyes. "That is beside the point. Can I just go Max, pleaseeee?" I added cute puppy dog eyes to give it that extra effect.

He sighed and placed the shirt on the bed. "Fine. But I have a date tonight so I can't drop you off. So let that muffin-head Brad pick you up."

I grinned and jumped in his arms, almost knocking him over. "Thank you, Max! Thank you so much!"

I was about to dress sexily and attend this party and hopefully forget about Nathan.

But we all know, I wouldn't be able to. But I still hoped.