♡The Party I♡

"Don't you know I'm no good for you? I've learned to lose you, can't afford to. Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'. But nothin' ever stops you leavin'"

Song: 'Party's Over' by Billie Eilish.

♡♡

Chelsy

I called up Vicky and told her I would be going to Elizabeth's party tonight.

She came by with her dress and assisted me in getting something put-together to wear. I settled with a black dress with silver stilettos and caught my hair in a ponytail. Vicky wore a pink dress and permed her brown hair in slick coils and settled for white heels.

We ensured that we waited until Max and Nathan left first before we did so he wouldn't realize that we went. We arrived just in time to be one of the lucky fifty who got in free of cost.

The party was a blast. I had never been to anything like it before. Elizabeth had quite a large house with an outside pool at the back.

Hormone-raged and drunk adolescents were all around laughing, talking, and having a good time.

The music was so loud we could barely hear ourselves.

"I hope we do not run into Max!" I said to Vicky above the noise as we made our way through the crowded room of people. "We would be roasted!"

"I know right!"

We moved to the living room and found a spot on the large red leather couch.

"It's crazy in here," Vicky said, looking around.

To be honest, the party was definitely not my cup of tea. I hated crowded places more than anything in this world. I was at the tip of regretting when a tall brown-haired guy marched over to us. I shifted in my spot on the large couch, my palms a bit sweaty.

A boy was coming to us. Damn, we must really look good.

He smiled at us both as he came to a stop in front of us. "You girls look amazing. I have never seen you two at Gilmore High."

Vicky smiled shyly. "Uh. We are around..."

She looked at me with a face crying for help. I had no idea what to say though. If I knew guys would talk to us tonight, I would have rehearsed a few lines.

He smiled. "Would one of you like to dance with me?"

His gaze moved from me to Vicky.

I was hesitant. I was not a good dancer so I decided to keep my ass quiet and not humiliate myself. That left Vicky in the open unsure what to say as she flashed me another SOS for help. I kept my gaze on the floor.

"Uh. Okay," I heard her say. I glanced up, surprised at her agreement.

He smiled. "Come on."

She got up and gave me an awkward smile before walking away with the guy.

Wow, and there went my only company for the night. Just. Wow.

I let out a harsh breath.

What was the fun in a party? I couldn't find it. I had no idea what all these kids were so crazy about. I could be home watching an episode of The Walking Dead or some Asian series while munching on a large bag of Doritos. Yet here I was, in a room filled with sweaty teenagers who just could not wait to gossip to their friends tomorrow about what their classmate wore tonight and which guy they banged in the corner of the room.

I glanced around the room at everyone who seemed to be having fun when someone plopped down next to me, making me jolt and I darted my eyes to see Nathan.